problom with whole system

twanked~ls
10+ year member

THE REGAWL
kentucky
i have a 9856 alpine hu pg 600.1 amp and 2 jl w3's. for about the past 4 months i will be listening to the stereo turned up and suddenl;y the volume cuts about a 1/3 and everything including the subs become quieter. idk what to do or what to check. could it be the radio? what causes the whole system to drop in volume like that? thanks alot

it not only turns down the bass but the speakers also. i believe it has somthing to do with the hu or a loose wire but i checked the wires already

Some amps have a thermal protection that when it gets too hot, it doesn't shut completely down but reduces power and gives the amp a chance to cool off a bit. That might be the deal.

Some amps have a thermal protection that when it gets too hot, it doesn't shut completely down but reduces power and gives the amp a chance to cool off a bit. That might be the deal.
i would agree with that but his speakers are doing that as well?

sounds like an HU thing...

if the whole system is loosing power then, its one of 3...

1. bad HU

2. bad wiring somewhere, possible weak connection from HU

3. Faulty electrical.

best bet HU, swap for a test

I would to a system voltage check before I swapped the HU out. Run your system at the settings where you find it cuts out, and keep a volt meter on it. Watch it when the volume drops, see if it's a voltage problem.

I would to a system voltage check before I swapped the HU out. Run your system at the settings where you find it cuts out, and keep a volt meter on it. Watch it when the volume drops, see if it's a voltage problem.
he is running barely anything, so even though it's a possiblity, i doubt it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.