Problems with LOC in 08 mustang, need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

dye4metal
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tampa, Fl
so im installing a system for a friend and we put 2 sundown SA12s at 3.5 cubes with an aero port. now the problem is that he has the ford shaker 500 radio in it and wanted to leave the head unit. i told him not a problem we'll get a line out converter. well i bought the PAC SOEM-T (sp?) and i wired it correctly but when the car turns off the amp doesnt and sometimes a LOUD tone comes over the subs and almost gives you a heart attack its so loud. i need something better that will turn the amp on and off and cant find any vehicle wiring diagrams for the car so i could just splice into the accesory line. (2008 Mustang - radio Shaker 500)

footnotes-

i need a LOC that turns the amp on

where is the best ground on a mustang

The thump is an RCA issue. I wouldn't so quick to accuse to the LOC. Why does the LOC need to turn the amp on/off? In order for that to work, you'd need an amp with voltage sensing turn on function. You don't need a wiring diagram to wire the remote/accessory wire. Find something that functions with the car on, that doesn't function with the car off(possibly wipers or a sunroof. Then tap into that fuse location. The best ground would be the chassis. Please don't ask me to be more specific. Find some nice metal, sand it shiny, attach ground securely via ring terminal. I suggest nut and bolt to secure it, self tapping screws can work if utilized correctly.

well this LOC has 12v constant to it and has a remote amp turn on built in is why im saying its staying on.(the amp comes on and off even with the car off like it has its own mind) i sanded down some good spots for the ground and did use the self tapping screws. the wiring is all clean with ring terminals and no issues. im almost positive its the LOC causing this problem to thump after the car is off. the LOC does not turn off after the car does because it has the auto amp turn on built in. and i have both optional grounds on the LOC hooked up.

my pac "trunk loc" had a loud thump about 3 sec after the car shut off..I did use the loc's "remote wire turn on". I just wired the remote on the amp to the fuse box for a switched 12v..Bust out the owners manual and find the radio fuse..Buy a "add a fuse" from your local hardware or auto parts store and hook the remote to that. Got rid of my thump.

p.s. My loc did however turn the amp off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.