Price and Quality Check...Amp/Sub/Install

davisontech

Went out to a couple places today looking for a very small setup for the back of my truck.

Considering a package deal for $350 complete and installed. JL 250/1 amp and TMA 12" sub w/ box.

I know the JL amp is good quality but havent found much info about the TMA subs. Guy at the shop says they are very good quality for price.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

For $250 you can get a clean 1000 watts. So no I dont like it. Thats dumb. And TMA is JL flee market.
$250 on an amp alone just isnt in the budget, whether it is better value or not...$350 is the max total I can spend for everything...amp/sub/install

Ur getting 200 in sub and amp n there charging 150 for the install
How much should a amp/sub install run?

TMA (Total Mobile Audio I believe was the name) was a company JL purchased cause they made quality products that was budget minded, fairly decent stuff IMO.

For $350.00 you need to be looking at preowned product especially if you're not able to do the install yourself cause you are going to have to pay someone to do it. So many people on these forums are so quick to assume that everyone on here is capable of doing even the most basic of installs when they are not...in fact a GREAT MANY of those on here that claim to be able to install really shouldn't but that too is also just MY OPINION...

This forum can really be a fun place for beginners to learn but more and more often we are getting WAAAAAY to many trolls and sm*rt*sses on here with nothing positive to contribute.....go with what YOU feel you are comfortable with and within your budget......

TMA (Total Mobile Audio I believe was the name) was a company JL purchased cause they made quality products that was budget minded, fairly decent stuff IMO. For $350.00 you need to be looking at preowned product especially if you're not able to do the install yourself cause you are going to have to pay someone to do it. So many people on these forums are so quick to assume that everyone on here is capable of doing even the most basic of installs when they are not...in fact a GREAT MANY of those on here that claim to be able to install really shouldn't but that too is also just MY OPINION...

This forum can really be a fun place for beginners to learn but more and more often we are getting WAAAAAY to many trolls and sm*rt*sses on here with nothing positive to contribute.....go with what YOU feel you are comfortable with and within your budget......
true^^ ya gotta start somewhere

your asking this on the wrong forum. This place will run square wave amplifiers because they cost $10 less then something good.

the 250/1 is great amplifier. The sub I am not a fan of at all. I would run something like the dcon or infinity reference serires.

You dont like the JL 250/1 amp? I have heard nothing but good things about it.
You've heard nothing but good things about it b/c it's a really good amp. They install well, the onboard processing is the best in the biz, they're reliable, and the 250/1 has enough guts to run most woofers. Not needing to worry about impedance is another benefit you won't find in most amps.

The 1000w for $250 thing is kind of a farce. An amp that sells for $250MAP and boasts 1kW will not sound as good or be as reliable as the old JL Slash amp. And that power rating will usually be at some obscenely low impedance which limits you on what woofers you want. And as soon as you flip on the crossovers, that amp will not put out 'clean' power @ 1kW...few do. Perfect example would be the Alpine amp in the person's avatar who is recommending for you to buy a garbage amplifier b/c it has a 1000w sticker on it. Newer Alpine amps bastardize the signal when the crossovers are turned on. JL amplifiers do not and anyone with an o-scope can check this out for themselves.

eh the on board processing in not even close to the best in the world. Also you need a different instrument to see distortion, there is a difference between distortion and clipping. I do like the slash jl amplifiers though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.