Power wire keeps melting down at the battary

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigjon69420

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've run my system for over a year I went from 4 ohm to 2 ohm with new speakers it's hitting harder then ever but the 8 inch piece of wire from the battary to the fuse holder keeps melting down? I have heavy gauge wire wire to thick to fit in amp and fuse holder I had to trim it down a lil. I have a 20 Farid capacitor I'm going to be wiring in will that solve the problem??? Thanks my amp is a planet audio 5000 Watts with an rms of 1875 at 2 ohms I'm running power acustic 15s a pair any help would help. Thanks

I'm not sure what gauge the wire is the fuse is a 100amp

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_203155.jpg
    IMG_20200318_203155.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20200318_203212.jpg
    IMG_20200318_203212.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 234
Fret not... it just looks loose. A lose wire will cause resistance and resistance will generate lots of heat. Remove the fuse, take the wire out and clean things up. Make new connections and make sure they are tight with no stray copper exposed. Put the fuse back in and play the stereo. Check to see if it is getting hot still. If it is, you may need a larger cable.

Fret not... it just looks loose. A lose wire will cause resistance and resistance will generate lots of heat. Remove the fuse, take the wire out and clean things up. Make new connections and make sure they are tight with no stray copper exposed. Put the fuse back in and play the stereo. Check to see if it is getting hot still. If it is, you may need a larger cable.
Came here to say the same. Resistance causes heat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.