ported vs bandpass?

i am currently running a bandpass enclosure and am considering a ported one. whats the difference and which is better? ty

i'm assuming it's a prefab bandpass? most likey with a properly built/tuned ported enclosure it will sound much better sq wise and probably spl wise.

Properly designed single reflex bandpass boxes are very loud. Louder than ported and almost as accurate as sealed. However, the key words are "properly designed".

Properly designed single reflex bandpass boxes are very loud. Louder than ported and almost as accurate as sealed. However, the key words are "properly designed".
And "narrow bandwidth". You will not be able to design a bandpass that runs as flat as a sealed box for any sort of passband range that a sealed system is capable of.

badpasses as stated are extremly difficult to build correctly but when done are great for SPL and can do well on SQ. single reflex ported are for girls quasi 4th and 6th order are where it's at:D. hmmm i hope my dad didn't throw those box's away lol.

badpasses as stated are extremly difficult to build correctly but when done are great for SPL and can do well on SQ. single reflex ported are for girls quasi 4th and 6th order are where it's at:D. hmmm i hope my dad didn't throw those box's away lol.
Well alot of people build their stereo's just to attract girls, maybe this explains the wide use of ported enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I hate my bandpass box, it does sound REAL good for a Bandpass but I will be swithcing to sealed for me new system. It is exreamly loud but the majority of the time I'm not listenign to it at extreamly high volume levels anyways.

I would go ported it might not be as loud but should sound better.

Sealed is your next best choice. If your still not satified then attempt to build a ported box. With that sealed box try bracing the box with mdf to keep the box from flexing and make sure u secure the box down somewhere to help as well. Good Luck!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.