Popping noise when I change channels through speakers

Illestd
10+ year member

Utah
So when I change a channel on my radio or turn the volume all the down till its 0 it makes this really loud popping noise.. It used to just be my rear speaker but since I put an amp in its both my subwoofer and my rear speakers. I really have no clue why it does this.. Any idea and fixes?

Not extremely but loud enough to be really annyoying.. I don't think it's "damaging" anything but my pride in my stereo.. And could it be the fuse on the back of my HU? I recently bought a new HU but have yet to wire.. It only have 1 set of RCA Preouts on the back instead of the 2 I have now and I would have to give up either my 2 mid range 6.5s or my 10 in keyword kicker.. And I would like to keep both.. But I don't want to piggyback the RCA's and get signal loss..

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

What headunit do you have?
Pioneer Premier deh-460mp

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't tell us make/model. It matters.
I'm in a 94 eclipse gs.. The HU is a pioneer premier deh-460mp my amp is a 1200 w boss rage amp I have 10in kenwood kicker.. What else would yu like to know?

Yesterday I turned on my headlights and i could of swore I heard a small pop? So it might be any electrical current change causing the popping?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...