Planet audio m2 15''s??

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
I recently bought two of these fifteens in the svc version off a friend for dirt. I have one in a sealed slant box, and its surprisingly loud for 300 watts (vx400d at 4 ohm). However, it gets real quiet on lower songs, and starts to distort. I set my subsonic and it was a lot better, but it just sounds "muddy". I was wanting to know if it was worth the trouble of building a slot ported box for both of them. Im thinkin it sounded like that becuase of lack of power and shitty box.

thats the thing, i cant find any specs. All the paperwork had nothing about it, and the site doesnt have ****!! I bought a sealed box for two of them today, im about to see if it sounds better.

I just put a PA M2 10" in the wife's car in the specified 1.0 cubic foot box aeroport tuned to 40hz and it slams. So the 15's should do really well once they're in a proper enclosure.

i got both of them in a slant sealed box, it sounded funny when i first turned it up. They were making weird noises. I took them out, free aired them on test tones and what not for 3 hours. Put them back in, and they sound perfect, no noises, and hit low and hard. It makes your vision blur on only 600 watts. Roof flex in a hardbody 4 door! never had that before. I was driving down the road, and i played "down on your knees" and i heard like a "warp warp" noise and i reached up and my roof was ****** in.

I think these subs are underrated. They are rated for 300 rms each and my amp is rated at 603 watts at 13.0 volts. I have to turn the amp up to half to get good sound out of them, but they arent distorted or anything, and i have a 4v output deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.