Votes: 6 66.7%
  • pioneer avic-z110

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

raverx3m
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
new york
after all the excitement about new pioneer coming out have setteld down alot of people(including myself) are starting to not like pioneer.

im leaning towards a kenwood dnx double din for few reasons

good:

1 its not shiny

2 it has a garmin navi

3 it has much better EQ options

4 it has 4 volt preouts

5 it has 24bit DAC

6 it has faster menus

bad:

menus are not the greatest looking

pioneer

good:

clean menus

good quality screen

SD card

splash screen option

bad:

shiny face

2volt preout

no 24bit DAC

im listing few models of same price range for pioneer and kenwood in the poll

please vote for which one woud you prefer

oh when u vote please also give a reason why you went with your choice so its not just an empty poll with no explanations

go kenwood bud, i've delt with both (aus versions ofcoarse) and the pioneer was way behind the barr when it came to gps and just overall settings

kenwood 7140. i sell the 6140, 7140, and 9140 and their all really good. im gettin the 9140 here shortly

6140 only has 2 out-puts and the 7140 and a full screen

pioneer went down hill imo. they used to be #1 for ever and last year kenwood became #1 and jvc came #2 then pioneer in #3 then sony in #4 and alpine was #5

ive owned avic n1, eclipse avn 5435, and now kenwood dnx8120. Kenwood is by far my favorite thus far and dont see myself changing for a long time. since i installed the usb cable i havent used one cd in the unit, i love it! the navigation is much better than both pioneer and eclipse unit. very easy, fast to use.

ive also found that its very easy to customize your wallpaper, startup screen, and even hack into the system and add vehicles and install map updates just like the garmin nuvi units by accessing a mini usb port in the back of the unit. of course you would need a laptop or computer in your garage to do that.

nonetheless its a really nice unit.

PS. reading the specs on the 7140 and 6140 and it only has 2 volt preouts. gonna need to go with the 8120 or 9140 to get the 5 volt preouts

I like the Kenwood unit I have. Years ago Kenwood made some pretty shoddy products but nowadays they are pretty good, especially the Excelon products. The DNX-9140 seems like a step up if you want more tweakability because it has the ability to change volume levels for each speaker and speaker sizes, 13-band EQ, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...