PG RSDC 12" Impressions..

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
Well i finally got my RSDC here and man does it hit!

I have it wired in at 4 ohm getting 500w RMS.

Its in a 2.75 cuft box ported to 29hz, this setup easily hits like two subs. Sadly though in my car it does not produce "chest cavity bass" It hits hard but not in my chest. I am extremely happy with this sub and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality subwoofer for a really low price! The sub is nice and loud but at the same time it has sound quality.

Install pics!

img0846ay3.jpg

img0847nu7.jpg

lol i have a 12'' in the same cu ft and about the same tuning, and rms wattage too, and yea it does sound pretty **** nice as far as sq. spl, not so much, but it does shake the hell out of my mirrors. im glad you like it, thats what its all about.

Wow I keep noticing lots of subs going to a high roll surround, rather than the monsterous, cone area-eating surrounds that have become the norm over the past 5 years. And that's a good thing.

Yea, i thought since the rubber was so high that it was going to have a huge ammount of excursion but i havent really noticed much at all. Even with little excursion from the 500w rms im giving it the sub still manages to pound really hard.

Wow I keep noticing lots of subs going to a high roll surround, rather than the monsterous, cone area-eating surrounds that have become the norm over the past 5 years. And that's a good thing.
that adds to the moving mass though. Especially since those are rubber surrounds

Yea, i thought since the rubber was so high that it was going to have a huge ammount of excursion but i havent really noticed much at all. Even with little excursion from the 500w rms im giving it the sub still manages to pound really hard.
more powah

Just upgrade your amp later on. That sub could get pretty loud. Get a amp that puts out a clean 1200watts rms. The sub loves it. It can handle that power quite easily. Talked to a Phoenix Gold engineer and he said they underrated the sub quite a bit.

im not saying that this thing is quiet... let me rephrase, the excursion on this sub isnt as much as my last subs but it hits harder than all of them!

that adds to the moving mass though. Especially since those are rubber surrounds

more powah
It adds to moving mass and has a much less linear force curve or whatever you would call it over the path of travel, but they are a hell of a lot sexier.

you need to get up in the 1000rms range with that. but carefully:D

then you can let us know what you think!

edit: i hope that sony amp is not what is running this:(

lol, well i wish i could give it more but i cant :| 500w is the most i can give right now...

but at 500w its anything but quiet.

Edit: ****, a 1000w rms alpine monoblock costs 400 dollars!

I dont think ill be giving much more than 500w rms ANY time soon....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

microhaxo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
microhaxo
MINNESOTA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date