Painting an enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Let's say you're building a decently big 6th order blow through in your truck.
On the inside of the enclosure, you want the roof to be a light blue and the rest to be white.
Are you going all gloss? All matte? Gloss blue and matte white? Or matte blue and gloss white?

On the inside of the enclosure, you want the roof to be a light blue and the rest to be white.
Are you going all gloss? All matte? Gloss blue and matte white? Or matte blue and gloss white?
I do not know why, but I feel like the gloss paint will let the air move easier.

given the option, im going to "quiet kote" the whole thing as a primer, then semi-gloss, or matte, depending how i want to light it.... you could set up your gun to lay a dry-ish primer coat to get some micro-texture. when its wet, and when it dries, you can decide if you like the gloss look or the matte look. either will benefit from the texture, but, imho, shiny texture isnt all that good looking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...