Orion 2500D no louder than JL 500/1

Well then I really dont know what the problem is but I dont think your gonna find a hugh difference between 500 and 1k watts... especially if his set up is just waaay better than yours...

Your better off (and this is my personal humble opinion) running the 2500 @ 1 ohm ... THEN you'd hear a HUGH difference .. but to go from 500 to 1k... I would'nt personally say thats a major difference..

I'm sure others will chime in though

**edit**

btw, why would you buy a 2500 watt amp to run it @ 1k watts?????

Yes, both sets of grounds and power cables are wired.
HO is getting ordered soon.

And im not trying to run at 2k+. I was planning on running the amp at 4ohms which is supposedly 1,100 watts.

I pesonally dont see a problem with your setup if this is the case, stock alt should be fine. Your prob doing less than 1k watts real world power... I would'nt get a h/o alternator for just 1k watts, your jumpin the gun dude REALLY... upgrade the wire to 4 gauge and you should be MORE than fine on 1k watts.. Make sure your battery is good, and maybe get a cap killer by kinetik or bat cap or whatever.. but for 1k watts ....

shoulda just bought an orion 1200d if thats all you wanted to run to it unless you have future plans?????

maybe its just the box? lol
Probably. It's a subzone dual ported box.

Well i got the 2500 so maybe one day I might do a competition and I can just rewire the subs for a 1ohm load. But ill just keep it at 1ohm and keep the gain down. I like being able to hear the music just as much as the bass.

Yes, both sets of grounds and power cables are wired.
HO is getting ordered soon.

And im not trying to run at 2k+. I was planning on running the amp at 4ohms which is supposedly 1,100 watts.
That's a good start. It's funy how many people only have one set of power/ground wired and wonder why it doesn't perform so well. Once you get that HO alt wire that baby to 1 ohm and let us know how it goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That's a good start. It's funy how many people only have one set of power/ground wired and wonder why it doesn't perform so well. Once you get that HO alt wire that baby to 1 ohm and let us know how it goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
the power and ground is internally connected.. it wont make any difference if you have big enough wire into one of the terminals.

the power and ground is internally connected.. it wont make any difference if you have big enough wire into one of the terminals.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I was talking about having both power and both grounds connected...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I was talking about having both power and both grounds connected...
so was i?

It doesn't matter if you use both or one set. The 2 connections are there so someone doesn't jam one 4ga wire into the (probably if it didnt have dual terminals) single 1/0ga terminal. Just a guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so was i?
It doesn't matter if you use both or one set. The 2 connections are there so someone doesn't jam one 4ga wire into the (probably if it didnt have dual terminals) single 1/0ga terminal. Just a guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And your suuuuuure about THAT The dual 4 gauge is there (i thought) for a reason, I wonder what hcca fan would say to that???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

there is a reason why it has 2 4 guage inputs, to use them both. if you didnt need both, it wouldnt have em.

spkerman is correct about it being paralleled inside the amp, just like the 2 sets of speaker connections that idiots claim it to be a stereo amp, lol. but you have to truly ask yourself do you feel safe only using one set of connectors? starving an amp can make it fail.

running 4 guage back to a distrobution block and then splitting it with 2 4guage wires doesnt give you any more current than one 4 guage can handle. feel free to kick yourself in the azz for that one. i also suggest you pull your head outta your azz when installing. a 100 amp fuse for an amp that will pull around 290 amps at full tilt, wtf made you think that would be sufficient? Not trying to be a dick man, but heck, your on your way to frying your ish. think of your power wire as a fuel line for your top fuel dragster. you gonna run fuel line to your dragster the size of a toothpick? no, you would starve your dragster.

also, i prefer to keep a battery by the 2500d instead of a cap.

one thing you havent said is how you have your amp set up. take a look at this pic and tell me where you are according to it

ampsettings.jpg

also, do you have a digital multimeter? please check the ohm load with the dmm. are the subs dual voice coils? are you hooked up to both?

what deck are you using? what voltage preout does it have?

prefab boxes are not usually built for the woofer, mainly built for generalization. I have seen some that hammer in prefabs, and seen some that make you wonder wtf!?!?! .

troubleshooting another 2500d the other day, the guy was noticing he wasnt getting any output on his 2500d like what you are saying. he checked my pic, answered my questions, and then tried one thing for me, which was to click that master/gain/copy switches back and forth a couple times since sometimes dust can get in there and stop it from making a good contact. fixed his problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.