Orion 1200d or Hifonics BX1605d? Which one?

e22s
10+ year member

Heres my situation...im looking for an amp to run my 2 12" Type R's. Im having trouble deciding weither to get the orion or the hifonics. I was kind of looking for something at 1200rms to 1600rms at 1ohm and heard a lot of people talking about these too amps. Now i hear the hifonics rates there products a lil more than what they say...is that true with the BX1605d? I seen that the BX1500d was over rated and i guess the 1605d is the upgrade or something like that...Im looking to spend no more than $300...i could get the orion for $290 shipped and the hifonics for about $250 shipped...which one is the better buy and why? thanks for the help...

I havent heard great things about Hifonics, My friends has a 2500D and I have had alot of expirience with it installing it for him and listening to it alot. Its a decent amp. You could try an elemetnal desings Nine.1 they can do 1400 True RMS at 1 ohm. they have a 3 year warranty theyre 315 new or about 275 for a nice used one with a few years left on the warranty. check out www.icixsound.com for more reviews and info on ED products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.