old school subs are back

those are def not the PPI of old. I use to run the 10's I am not feeling anything PPI puts out now a days minus the 730. If you want sexy flat subs that simply kick ass get the Flatlines from Arc.

The coils on an underhung motor move sideways. It's a marvel how the cone actually moves up and down. Just playin. The coil is shorter than the top plate. The amount of overhang of the top plate over the winding width of the coil divided by two is your xmax number. As a standard, underhung coils are lighter than their overhung brothers but at the same impedance are normally quite a few gauges smaller. Great for keeping number of turns in the gap high but the smaller wire is not as good for high power, just as the size of the coil altogether does not lend itself to high power handling. If lightweight is the goal for maximum transient response, the underhung coil is a quick way to get it.

The coils on an underhung motor move sideways. It's a marvel how the cone actually moves up and down. Just playin. The coil is shorter than the top plate. The amount of overhang of the top plate over the winding width of the coil divided by two is your xmax number. As a standard, underhung coils are lighter than their overhung brothers but at the same impedance are normally quite a few gauges smaller. Great for keeping number of turns in the gap high but the smaller wire is not as good for high power, just as the size of the coil altogether does not lend itself to high power handling. If lightweight is the goal for maximum transient response, the underhung coil is a quick way to get it.
I see, very cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.