Number of wire runs needed.

Participant count
  • Participant list

cha0
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Whats up CA.com!

Its been a long time since I have been at it. Have not had any audio in my car since my son was born 7 years ago. I just purchased a 95 Jeep wrangler for a summer fun can and I have an itch to get some tunes in it.

On the way I have 4 Infinity reference 6x9s and a Sundown SAX-124.4.

Im thinking of doing a single 12 ported in the back (Thinking something from AQ) with a sundown SAZ-1200D.

Problem is I never know when to stop with the sub. Im not looking to beef up the alternator, put in yellowtops, etc in this jeep. Thats why I had to get away from it 8 years ago when my son was conceived. DD Z series builds quickly got out of hand.

That all being said, Can I do the big 3 to the jeep and only send one run of 1/0g wire back from the battery to a block and branch off to each amp or should I do 2 runs from the battery, one for each amp?

Since im looking at fairly small amps im hoping one run will do it.

On a side note, think I could run a SAZ-2500 without upgrading anything on the jeep? I dont want this to get out of hand that is why I stopped at the 1200D but If I can get away with it I may go 2500D and HDC4 12.

Thoughts for keeping it modest?

Thanks guys.

No, no room.
Well if u ain't going to big the big 3 and 1run of 0 and split to the amps is ok since u don't want much then that's fine bro u won't be drawing a lot of current cuz u will be splitting the 0 to 4g or what ever u choose but it's koo ur lights won't dim lol look at the good sides and u know once u run and get use to the volume ur going to want louder!!!!! Good luck brother

Sorry to post jack but you think if i ran a stock alt , interstate starter batt up front and an optima in back id be able to run my saz 1500 at .5 and be straight? 96 tahoe

Sorry to post jack but you think if i ran a stock alt , interstate starter batt up front and an optima in back id be able to run my saz 1500 at .5 and be straight? 96 tahoe
Interstate not familiar with they are deep cycle???

Wouldn't see y not bro u still have ur optima yellow right....

But maybe u would want to rebuild ur stock alt cheaper then buying ho alt!!!

Don't get offended but I have no clue where it's at dude I'm in Los Angeles lol

But Man U know what just try u have a volt meter? Try ur set up and see how ur volts look bro if it's a big drop just throw another bat lol

Not safely.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

No, no room.
What year jeep

Not safely. 

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

What year jeep
How could i do it safely just by a h/o ive never ran .5 never had to

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And is there an alternative to a h/o temporary

How could i do it safely just by a h/o ive never ran .5 never had to 

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And is there an alternative to a h/o temporary
Shoot me a pm so we dobt jack his thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.