Now these are some rims!

if you guys hate on this one you have no taste
2139885117full1ek.jpg
Yeah ok, I like this one, I've always been a fan of caprices and hammers...first time i've seen em together. Its not as bad as many of the other pics I've sen in this tthread.

The $10000 wheels on a $500 car are just one of many reasons why rap needs to be banned, parents need to beat their kids, and schools need to go back to corporal punishment. If people just smartened up, there would be less ignorant s**t like this around. I'm all for modifying your car but ****, do it right, so it can perform BETTER than stock. And to whoever in this thread that said not all cars are designed to just go from point A to point B I say, BULLS**T! That is the whole point of a car, to go from point A to point B. And to anyone who actually drives on of these POS's, if I pissed you off, GOOD! What are you gonna do? Try to chase me down the streets? My tC will run circles around your POS caprice or crown vic with ghetto-@$$ stupid oversized wheels. Oh yeah, so will my truck. Build a car that can actually do something other than look stupid and MAYBE I'll show a little respect.

I guess I'm as opinionated as they come when it comes to modifying your ride. To me, a car should perform as good as it looks. That's why I despise the big rims. 17 is the max for me on a car, unless it comes from the factory with something bigger, ie:chrysler 300. But when i see performance cars like a stang, or a camaro, or even a tC with huge rims all I say is WTF!!??!! Those huge rims screw up your cornering, personally I think they look **** retarded, and if you have them you probably don't really know how to drive a car anyways. Look in Germany and tell me how many cars you see with those oversized rims. None. Why you ask? Because on the autobahn you can't keep up with a real car with big stupid wheels on yours. And as far as trucks and SUV's go, they were built to go off road. Giant stupid spinners weren't. So don't put them on. Just my .02, and I'm sure a lot of people are gonna scream about this but tough. Maybe some people should go to some driving schools so that they realize what they're doing to the handling characteristics of their car when they put those stupid things on.

Have you ever BEEN to Germany? They ride on 19/20s on audi TTs, and VW GTI's all the time.

I spent 6 months in Stuttgart. They have big wheels. Just don't have BIG cars.

And for the record. Your chances of seeing anyone pass 100MILESperhour on ANY part of the autobahn are slim and none, so there is no 'keeping up'

Unlike popular belief, they DO have speedlimits on the autobahn in cities and towns. Out in the country, you MIGHT see a GTI with work doing 100+.

It all depends on the car if u should have rims or not. Performance cars like mustangs camaros and so on 20's or lower. On caprices,cutless,impalas,crown vicks,mercury liberty, and those cruising cars i think it looks hella nice as long as its not jacked way up. Its all 4 attention and hos. I no i had the stock tires and rims on my mustang. Then i switched to 17 inch wide tires and it dosnt drive nor turn as good.

now that's how i'd pimp it... dont need a ladder to get in either, which is good cause those ganstas are pretty short now lol

i dont know is this was a joke or not but this photo is 100% photo shopped.

To comment on the how it is to drive down the highway question, i had a friend put 24's on his explorer yeah it looked nice but at like 55 mph the car started shaking. It shook so bad we stopped on the highway to make sure the lug nuts were tight!! it was crazy

It is funny that I have "no taste" yet these clowns are spending thousands of dollars on rims for a beat down 90's suburban, and putting skittles stickers on it. As i've said before- i will continue to have no taste! and yes- i do like big rims, just on the right vehicles! example- I currently drive a 2003 navigator with 24's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'd figure i'd add to the collection with a few cars I saw yesterday at the CN sounds SPL competition/car show. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P7140331.jpg

P7140329.jpg

P7140330.jpg

P7140320.jpg

P7140350.jpg

How did you manage to shoot those pics in focus, Tommy, in between fits of uncontrolled hilarity?!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XylerB

10+ year member
XylerB
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from