not unphased but subs hit differnt at high volume?

kgcolbyIII
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Question, i not sure what to do here. I tested my subs with the 9v trick and they both popped out at the same time. but when im playing a heavy 30-50hz one sub goes in while the other starts pushing out then will start to clap since its going out toooo far and the other one is pushing in.

are your gains properly set? if they are turned up too much and its pushing your amp into clipping you'll get some weird results like that

Have both the negatives and pos connecting to eachother on the amp so both + go into 1 term and the - on both go into the other.

Iv tried different gain settings, i dont have bassboost on and its set to not play anything less then 30hz and nothing over 70hz

The deck is flat all the way around no bassboost on it either.

Who lives in San Deigo with some meters

depending on location of port in some setups one sub can unload into the port at high volume while the other sub still has back pressure

i felt around for air leaks and i cant feel anything...

2011-05-04%2020.21.11.jpg

2011-05-01%2013.25.38.jpg

Check that both voice coils are working on both of your subs....thats all it can be at this point.
that im completely confused wtf is going on. If i cant figure this out ill just sell the JL's on craigslist since all the marines in oceanside go crazy over jl/kicker

that im completely confused wtf is going on. If i cant figure this out ill just sell the JL's on craigslist since all the marines in oceanside go crazy over jl/kicker
Yeah man people do over here too LOL. But for real... As long as the box is symetical and there are no leaks...id check both subs to see that they are ok in all regards. Mechanically...and check the coils too

coils read 6ohm each, 3 ohm together and both subs together are reading 1.5ohm (1.7 to be exact)

Only thing i can think of is there HAS to be a leak that im just not feeling for some reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.