Noob here, cheap amp hurt me in the end?

lamecrap

G, il
Im a noob so here it goes, I have just started slowly peicing together a "cheap" system for my car. So far I only have my headunit and the rear deck 6x9's.

This is what I have in mind:

Head unit Pioneer:DEH-4800MP

Front Speakers:Alpine????

Rear deck: Audiobahn AS69Q

Subs: Kicker CompVR 4-OHM DVC in a sealed Q-logic box

Amp: Boss Riot GT1280 (4 Ohms: 200W x 4) 200 watts per VC

Rear deck Amp: Boss Riot GT580 (4 Ohms: 200W x 2)

& to be named 1-2 farad cap

My big question is: Will cheaping out on an amp hurt me in the end? Im not looking for earth shattering sound quality, just something that will sound good for various types of music.

Should I leave the 6x9s alone and just run an amp to my front speakers?

any comments and suggestions would help

A cheaper amp will only hurt you if you want more power or it dies on you. If it is doing the job sufficiently then why spend more if you dont want to. If your not looking into upgrading any time soon it wont be a problem but I would still recommend looking into amps with decent reliability check out Profile amps or Hifonics

A cheaper amp will only hurt you if you want more power or it dies on you. If it is doing the job sufficiently then why spend more if you dont want to. If your not looking into upgrading any time soon it wont be a problem but I would still recommend looking into amps with decent reliability check out Profile amps or Hifonics

Get a better quality amp the first time around.....

If you buy a very cheap amp, its much more likely to die- then you have to spend more on another amp.

I would ditch the rear fill and just amp the front speakers.

I have no hang ups on cheap amps. It's highly unlikely you'll get rated power from them, but if this is your first "real" system you'll probably be more than satisfied.

I ran through a pretty good variety of budget amps and only had one die on me, and that was after 2-3 yrs of good service. What I've found is - more than anything else it comes down to actual power.

If you amp the rears don't do it with the same power on your fronts. My HU works fine for rear fill and I've got 180x2 (under-rated) on my fronts.

If you WANT an amp to the rears and you're thinking 200 or so on the fronts ~50 should be more than enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.