No sound coming from Alpine Headunit :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

CashDoo

Earth
Me and my friend installed my Alpine 9813 today into my 1998 ford mustang. I'm pretty sure we wired everything correctly, with the help of the wiring harnesses. The power turns on and the HU functions correctly besides one main thing...

NO SOUND //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I wanted to hear this thing too... **** I don't get it... we connected the wires fine... I wanted to take the CD player out of my car but I don't even know how to do that for this one... (to make sure the wires are still connected...)

What other reasons could make this happen? That Alpine looks so sweet in there but no sound, someone please help me..

I installed a deck today and noticed when two wire that weren't supposed to be connected touched, the whole thing just stopped playing sound. I have a feeling this is what your problem is. Double check the wires and make sure they are what you think they are. If a color looks close then switch it out, see if that helps.

I knew how to take out my stock Mustang 98 cd radio but now that I got the Alpine in... I have no idea how to take it out. Don't I have to take a part of the dash piece out now? I'm sure I'll get it working tomorrow...

Well I fixed it.. the problem was my amp turn-on wires were not connected....

I've still gotta fix a whole heck lot of speaker noise and interference... I think it is because all I used was eletrical tape, Hmmm I shall get some crimps tonight and wire that thing up a lot better and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.