newbie question

Participant count
  • Participant list

usmcgrunt47
10+ year member

Hey everybody,

What kind of amp do I need to run a 10" jl audio 10w3, 2 infinity fronts, 2 infinity rears, and a Kenwood head unit? Can I run all of it off one amp? Can u set it up like that or are u supposed to run only certain stuff off the amp? Any information would be appreciated

Thanks!

wow u r a noob. you dont need to amp a head unit, that just doesnt make sense. what you would need is a 5 channel amp (4 full range channels 1 low channel) or a 4 channel and a mono. a w3 is either 350 or 500 rms i believe (option). id look into the small memphis belle amps.

Any good 5 ch amp will do for what you have.

I would look for something in the 50x4/350x1 min for power.(more power never hurts)

You could always use separate amps but using a single 5ch amp cuts down on install a tad and can

take up less room.

Any good 5 ch amp will do for what you have.I would look for something in the 50x4/350x1 min for power.(more power never hurts)

You could always use separate amps but using a single 5ch amp cuts down on install a tad and can

take up less room.
and same output with less power suckedd up

and same output with less power ****** up
less as well...

as long as the user dose not drive the lower powered amp into clipping all of the time to reach the volumes they like a lower powered amp will be fine.

For me(IMO) I like having quite a bit more power than I would normally use. I love having a good amount of extra

head room.

Its much easier on the gear, good clean un clipped power to the drivers. And the amp(s) do not have to work as hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I need a 5 channel amp. I'm lookin at a JL audio 500/1 amp? Does that mean its a single channel amp with 500 watts? So I run the speakers and sub to the amp then the amp to the head unit? I know these are prob stupid easy questions but the only way to find out is to ask lol

So I need a 5 channel amp. I'm lookin at a JL audio 500/1 amp? Does that mean its a single channel amp with 500 watts? So I run the speakers and sub to the amp then the amp to the head unit? I know these are prob stupid easy questions but the only way to find out is to ask lol
The 500/1 is a mono amp for use with sub-woofers.

You would only run your sub on that amp. You would need another 4ch amp to power the other speakers in your car.

If I may ask, what is you budget to work with?

HA, Iam still a tad hungover from last night!
When I first seen your post, all it said was "sometimes less" so I thought you were talking about less amp power!!

Iam Polish bro...lol
pssshhh dont worry i ingested every mind altering substance known to man last night fell asleep at 3 woke up at 6 and drove 30 miles back home and now i feel pretty awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

pssshhh dont worry i ingested every mind altering substance known to man last night fell asleep at 3 woke up at 6 and drove 30 miles back home and now i feel pretty awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pullover.gif.ac2de04a20ebe8c72a715e86e00c8c0d.gif your lucky you did not see this!

I got a pretty decent budget. I don't wanna spend a grand on a amp but I know I'm gonna spend at least 350 for a good quality one. Any recommendations?
ok if you wanna spend 350 for a 5 channel ive got the best freakin 5 channel ever. the hard part is finding one. i had the memphis big belle, amazing amp, expensive too. but they make smaller ones, like i think 500 rms to the sub 50 rms to each speaker. something like that i cant seem to find one but every week a few pop up on ebay and go for dirt cheap. such a crystal clear amp very underrated puts out a lot of power on a correct electrical system.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pullover.gif.ac2de04a20ebe8c72a715e86e00c8c0d.gif your lucky you did not see this!
ah naww i was sober by then i wouldnt drive fooked up, i totalled 2 cars within 6 months of getting my license...i can probably kill hundreds of people driving messed up haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.