Newbie needing Audio set up help.

I've got a '96 accord and am planing in purchasing a new audio system for the car. New radio, new subwoofers, and a new amp.

I've got a kit in mind, and have a few questions. First off here's what I'm thinking of purchasing.

Radio

Pioneer-DEH-150amp

Subs

dual-bp1204-1100 watt-illumination subwoofer

Amp

Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control

And that combo also comes with a small installation kit that includes the following:

"8 gauge amplifier installation kit

Competition high-quality fuse holder

Ring terminals: #10 , 0.25-inch, 0.31-inch

Twenty 4-inch wire ties

Many feet of wire and cable: red power, black ground, blue turn-on, speaker wire

20 ft. 8 GA Red Power Cable

Competition High Quality Fuse Holder

1/4" Ring Terminal

3 ft. 8 GA Black Ground Cable

#10 Ring Terminal"

So my questions are, would the amp/sub/radio all work well together? Is this a decent setup for the money?

Also, would I be able to install all of these things at my house, with the kit I discussed?

Thanks for the help, just need some help with my car, and I'm not an expert on audio systems.

Think bigger. You're looking at bare bones entry level equipment in every possible way. When you get tired of it because it ***** you won't be able to resell it for much, if anything. At least look through the classifieds forums here before you spend any money on this stuff.

That amp will give out a lot less power than you might think. If you're lucky, that amp might put out 200-300 watts at 2 ohms. That's the reason that you'll see some 1000 watt amps that cost under $100 and others that are over $300. A quality 1000 watt amp is actually likely to put out a little more than 1000 watts.

Don't get that stuff. It *****. Seriously. Trust us.

If you are on a tight budget, then just get one thing at a time. You will end up being a lot more satisfied with your system in the end. Yes, it takes patience and saving money. But if you try to buy everything at once with a budget of $300, you will be very disappointed. Most of it will probably break in a year.

Start with your head unit. You will probably need to spend at least $100 for a decent head unit. Look at the Kenwood KDC-352U. Also, plan on buying a couple of things to help install it like a wiring harness, a mounting bracket, and connectors. You can do this install yourself. You just have to take your time if you have never done anything like this before.

Do not buy BOSS they a total junk.

Here is what I would get if i was you:

Audiopipe apsm1300 1000w- $102

3kingsaudio

Pioneer TS-W3002D2 12 In. Champion Series PRO Subwoofer - $107

amazon

Belva Sub Box 1SV12G - $55

sonicelectronix

I have almost the same setup in a tahoe, except i have a aspm1500 amp. I just wanted to see what a $250 sub and amp sounded like and they are impressive. These components are as low end as you should go. You will also need atleast a 4ga wiring kit. I went with the aspm1300 for you because the 1500 draws a **** ton of power and you dont have the alternator for that. As for the deck get a pioneer or kenwood that has a sub output and other features you want in it.

Do not buy BOSS they a total junk.
Here is what I would get if i was you:

Audiopipe apsm1300 1000w- $102

3kingsaudio

Pioneer TS-W3002D2 12 In. Champion Series PRO Subwoofer - $107

amazon

Belva Sub Box 1SV12G - $55

sonicelectronix

I have almost the same setup in a tahoe, except i have a aspm1500 amp. I just wanted to see what a $250 sub and amp sounded like and they are impressive. These components are as low end as you should go. You will also need atleast a 4ga wiring kit. I went with the aspm1300 for you because the 1500 draws a **** ton of power and you dont have the alternator for that. As for the deck get a pioneer or kenwood that has a sub output and other features you want in it.
I'm looking for a setup like that. Thanks for the info man, do you have any idea what type of wiring "kit" I would need to install all of that myself?

Look into Knukonceptz 4ga KCA kit on Amazon. Or you could find a nice 4ga CCA kit from Audio Technix. They both come with everything you need and are both under $30 shipped. Don't know the exact price off the top of my head.

Look into Knukonceptz 4ga KCA kit on Amazon. Or you could find a nice 4ga CCA kit from Audio Technix. They both come with everything you need and are both under $30 shipped. Don't know the exact price off the top of my head.
thanks man, I'll look into those now. Do they come with everything I need for any type of amp/sub combination? I'm still not dead-set on what I would like to purchase.

[quote name='Joshmcmillan']I've got a '96 accord and am planing in purchasing a new audio system for the car. New radio, new subwoofers, and a new amp.

I've got a kit in mind, and have a few questions. First off here's what I'm thinking of purchasing.

Radio
Pioneer-DEH-150amp

Subs
dual-bp1204-1100 watt-illumination subwoofer

Amp
Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control

And that combo also comes with a small installation kit that includes the following:

"8 gauge amplifier installation kit
Competition high-quality fuse holder
Ring terminals: #10 , 0.25-inch, 0.31-inch
Twenty 4-inch wire ties
Many feet of wire and cable: red power, black ground, blue turn-on, speaker wire
20 ft. 8 GA Red Power Cable
Competition High Quality Fuse Holder
1/4" Ring Terminal
3 ft. 8 GA Black Ground Cable
#10 Ring Terminal"

So my questions are, would the amp/sub/radio all work well together? Is this a decent setup for the money?

Also, would I be able to install all of these things at my house, with the kit I discussed?

Thanks for the help, just need some help with my car, and I'm not an expert on audio systems.[/QUOTE]
@cthedinger ; the owner coleman is also on this site. amazing guy :). hit him up. its going to hard to beat this deal

the only other thing i would say is 2 get a custom box built it means everything to an install @double07 ; is not that far from you in tenn and shipping wont be bad. his prices are amazing and the extra 40 bucks you spend on the box will make your system sound better than 90 percent of the other garbage out there.

with the audiotechnix sub, amp wire and box will put you at a little under 340 i suspect after shipping for everything and you will have a great budget system with resale value and will sound 10 times better than anything listed before

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/starr-mountain-sound/571208-starr-mountain-sound-pricing.html
here is his pricing info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.