new used car

Flipx99
5,000+ posts

Violator of Terms
Building 100
My 89 Cutlass Ciera is slowly crapping out on me. I like the car, it's just the small things are beginning to add up become ever so annoying. I was wondering what kind of suggestions you may have for a replacement.

-- I use it 90% for interstate travel with about 5% getting from the interstate to my house and 5% going to places.

-- Will be a second car, so it doesn't have to be cool

--needs to be an American car

--needs to be good on gas

--needs to be a small 6 cyl

--needs to be cheap (around $2k)

I was thinking of the ford taurus, as that is a popular commuter car.

Thanks in advance

Well after more consideration I am looking at these models for late nineties model year.

Ford Taurus

Buick Regal

Buick LeSabre

Olds Intrigue

Pointiac Grand Prix GT

Chevy Lumina

thoughts? Not too big on foreign cars.

get a 4 banger. hyundai? kia? geo metro? im sure u can find a geo metro with two thousand easily. i personally would look for an acura integra.. got my 94 integ for 3200 and it runs like a champ. the 90 integras look pretty dope too and are pretty strong also..

Well after more consideration I am looking at these models for late nineties model year.
Ford Taurus

Buick Regal

Buick LeSabre

Olds Intrigue

Pointiac Grand Prix GT

Chevy Lumina

thoughts? Not too big on foreign cars.
why dont you like foreign cars? after driving a suburban,buick,taurus,and a sable id take my old subaru over them anyday

"used" , "cheap" , "reliable" , "american" dont go in the same sentence without "not!"

If you wanted a 4 cylinder a Saturn is a pretty good choice, you can find them cheap and they are reliable. For a 6 cylinder the Buicks are probably the best, comfortable, roomy, some pep so its a good highway cruiser. I would take a GM over the Ford Taurus, just dont like the way the Taurus drives.

i've driven a few tauruses... they're really AWFUL cars (in my humble opinion) something like a (i know you don't like foreign cars, but...) older honda or toyota (think mid nineties) would be very reliable, get good gas mileage, and look alot better than most american cars from that period...

The lumina has that cheap "low-end GM" look and feel to it... The GT is a pretty nice car... good throttle response, head and leg room, and has a decent lil bit of trunk room too... the lesabre is a pretty nice car as well, though i'd take the GT over it, and a toyota or honda over either of them...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.