New Team Sundown V2 Neo Subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
I have been left breathless from pictures of your new Neo Team V2 subs. And a good thing about them, is they're made by Sundown! I absolutely love the your posts about new Sundown equipment because you give the best and in depth information about new items.

So i was wondering (and really hoping, lol) there would be a lot of information about the design and reasons you picked the new design.

Like I said before, I absolutely love your posts about new equipment! I am looking forward to hearing about the new Subs!!!!

Thanks in advanced!

There are several key design features & reasons I went this route :

1) Weight... I wanted to make it lighter. Our build guys & customers are breaking their backs with the current Team woofer. Obviously it still isn't light as the top plate is 2" thick but it is noticeably lighter than the current model. The gaps between the Neo are also a convenient hand-hold (haha).

2) Superior thermal performance.

a. The magnet ID shorting ring is vented in between the Neo magnets. This allows airflow directly on the bottom of the winding; which is where the heat builds up the most in the ferrite model.

b. The pole-piece is split into four sections all the way down -- this allows air from the pole vent to directly contact the former on up & down-strokes.

c. The top-plate has the "slits" in it just like most of my newer designs -- this allows a bit of extra air over the winding OD. Our frames / vent rings create a very strong air-flow under the spider so we want to capitalize on it a bit more.

3) Lower distortion.

a. Both sets of slits lower distortion.

b. The magnet ID shorting ring is a bit thicker.

c. A pole-cap shorting ring was also added.

There are several key design features & reasons I went this route :
1) Weight... I wanted to make it lighter. Our build guys & customers are breaking their backs with the current Team woofer. Obviously it still isn't light as the top plate is 2" thick but it is noticeably lighter than the current model. The gaps between the Neo are also a convenient hand-hold (haha).

2) Superior thermal performance.

a. The magnet ID shorting ring is vented in between the Neo magnets. This allows airflow directly on the bottom of the winding; which is where the heat builds up the most in the ferrite model.

b. The pole-piece is split into four sections all the way down -- this allows air from the pole vent to directly contact the former on up & down-strokes.

c. The top-plate has the "slits" in it just like most of my newer designs -- this allows a bit of extra air over the winding OD. Our frames / vent rings create a very strong air-flow under the spider so we want to capitalize on it a bit more.

3) Lower distortion.

a. Both sets of slits lower distortion.

b. The magnet ID shorting ring is a bit thicker.

c. A pole-cap shorting ring was also added.
Wow, so this isn't just a new subwoofer. It's the culmination of years of trial and error and integrating only the best design options and parts. Thanks for being an industry trailblazer! I can't even imagine how many of hours of work went into these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joseph7195

10+ year member
Walkin Tall
Joseph7195
Saltillo, Mississippi, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date