New head units...what do recommend on my budget?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jay_Rich
10+ year member

Okay I am buyin a new headunit after xmas...I want to stick with Alpine,Pioneer or Panasonic...and maybe a higher end Kenwood.

My budget is around 300 CDN

I would like to has bass control and aux input...doesnt have to have MP3 but would be nice...and doesnt have to be crazy flashy.

Jay

Okay I am buyin a new headunit after xmas...I want to stick with Alpine,Pioneer or Panasonic...and maybe a higher end Kenwood.My budget is around 300 CDN

I would like to has bass control and aux input...doesnt have to have MP3 but would be nice...and doesnt have to be crazy flashy.

Jay
Kenwood KDCMP4028

Canadian retail price is 199.00 to 349.00

kdcmp40284bf.jpg

MP3/WMA CD Receiver

CD receiver with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)

fold-down, detachable face with 2-color display

plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, or AAC files)

System Q Sound Control: 6 preset EQ curves with bass, treble, and midrange controls

System E's crossover system (high- and low-pass filters)

SIRIUS, XM Satellite Radio Ready

HD Radio-ready

External Media Control -- iPod Ready

CD changer controls

RCA Outputs: 3 Pair

Preamp Voltage: 4V

Cell phone mute

18 FM/6 AM presets

Clock

Wireless remote

CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz

CD signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB

FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf

well if I dont find anything around here im gonna either go with the Kenwood KDCMP828 off sounddomain for 232 +105% price match or the KDCMP5028 for 125 + 105 price match....seems like a good deal if I am low on cash...and plus I wanna get some more ****.......

Jay

Dude, by the time you pay shipping charges and customs brokerage fees on that thing, add a whole pile more $ to the price of it. Coupled with the fact that if you have a warranty claim, you cannot have it warrantied in Canada, thus pay again to ship it back to the US for warranty. Buy in Canada for a authorized dealer. In the price range you want to spend, Eclipse makes 2 cd players that will thoroughly lay the smack down to any of the ones you have listed, not even in the same league dude. And that is priced in Canadian funds. Interested, drop me a PM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.