New for DC 2010

I'd be the first to admit this is a **** smart plate. I've tried to figure this out years ago with the Rockford TRF 10's. Never thought the solution was so simple. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Tuan

I for one am overjoyed to have these rings. In tight applications(small boxes) you have to use a lil ingenuity to make things fit. lol (like countersinking right sub and have left ring overlap and lock both down)

I'd be the first to admit this is a **** smart plate. I've tried to figure this out years ago with the Rockford TRF 10's. Never thought the solution was so simple. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Tuan
How much do you say the 18s will weigh? rough estimate?

why are you not a neo fan? you dont like sexy ass subs that weigh less and have more motor strength?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Unless my facts are wrong ,which if they are i would love to be corrected, they lose their strength as the heat up and they are horrible at dissapating heat. Facts are they are extremely expensive to build and the difficulty in assembly just make them on my least favorite side.

I will admit they are sexy as hell but sexy isnt always practical.

On here and ****, ive said ive seen them not had experience. Im sure they slam.

i agree, ive been asked bout pricing a thousand times and i dont tell them bc i respect the confidentiality that they want.
anyways, that ten is beautiful

DC FTMFW
Some people just have no respect.

Unless my facts are wrong ,which if they are i would love to be corrected, they lose their strength as the heat up and they are horrible at dissapating heat. Facts are they are extremely expensive to build and the difficulty in assembly just make them on my least favorite side.
You're absolutely right about they lose strength as they heat up. That was the problem with the Shocker Neo's from a few years ago. Currently, the only company that seems to have it done correctly is DD and IA...but from motor topology and parts, the DD is the dominant out of the two. With more understanding of Neo's, the motors no longer face a heating issue. The difficult in assembly is absolutely an issue. The cost to build is the main factor why many companies will not touch neo's especially when only 1% of sales. I believe neo motors are only good for 2 things: a statement piece and to have a slight advantage on SPL world.

Tuan

Neos are the new types of magnets being used for high powered drivers, DD Z, IA Warden. I dont like Neos and a lot of other people dont. They lose power when they heat up and the dont dissapate heat as far as i know. SQ drivers with Neos are different.

Jesus Christ brah, what the fuck are you talking about, wow:eek:

You're absolutely right about they lose strength as they heat up. That was the problem with the Shocker Neo's from a few years ago. Currently, the only company that seems to have it done correctly is DD and IA...but from motor topology and parts, the DD is the dominant out of the two. With more understanding of Neo's, the motors no longer face a heating issue. The difficult in assembly is absolutely an issue. The cost to build is the main factor why many companies will not touch neo's especially when only 1% of sales. I believe neo motors are only good for 2 things: a statement piece and to have a slight advantage on SPL world.
Tuan
Wow Tuan please elaborate, I am sure with the 5 years Nick has involved with this motor, he has all his bases covered... I am pretty sure I heard DD is 4 layer aluminums and IA is 8 layers......

Tuan
OHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWWWDddddddd

As Nick and I talked about it today, this statement is false..

How is a Z better than a warden?

Z had 4 layer flat wound- Warden has 8 layer

Z has Aluminum top plate- Warden has a steel- aluminum cannot carry gaus...

Z has vented pole- Warden has solid

Z doesnt have the same motor strength everywhere in the gap- Warden does

see where this is going?

Once again, Worstenemy has no experience with the Warden/neo- or anything outside of an 8in sub.

The Warden is flat out better designed- better sub

And yes, neo will loose strength, but with the cooling on the Warden, you wont have to worry about it.

A very admired member on here tested gap strength in the Z's and found it to be different throughout.

Need more facts- Call Nick @ IA, hell be happy to talk to anyone about it..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Tuan
How much experience do you have with the shocker neo? They were heat treated and don't loose strength. Ask people that have done high 170's in extreme with them. Then ask Dante how often he had to change out the DDZ because of the loss of strength due to heat. He told be every 25 burps or so.

man this has been talked about for awhile...nice to see it's finally being done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am sure this is your optimal score here. No need to put a burp versus a music score which I am sure Thor does!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thor posts burp scores all the time? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif (his 151.6 is a burp score, afaik)

Music wouldn't be far behind anyways, probably a 149 at the lowest.

According to thor, you have to double the wattage to see any improvement in using a lvl5 over a lvl4 xl. This is obviously going to be harder on the surround and softparts (thermally, the lvl5 looks pretty stout). Like I said, the average consumer won't see any benefit in using a lvl5 over a lvl4 xl, imo.

OHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWWWDddddddd
As Nick and I talked about it today, this statement is false..

How is a Z better than a warden?

Z had 4 layer flat wound- Warden has 8 layer

Z has Aluminum top plate- Warden has a steel- aluminum cannot carry gaus...

Z has vented pole- Warden has solid

Z doesnt have the same motor strength everywhere in the gap- Warden does

see where this is going?

Once again, Worstenemy has no experience with the Warden/neo- or anything outside of an 8in sub.

The Warden is flat out better designed- better sub

And yes, neo will loose strength, but with the cooling on the Warden, you wont have to worry about it.

A very admired member on here tested gap strength in the Z's and found it to be different throughout.

Need more facts- Call Nick @ IA, hell be happy to talk to anyone about it..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
Until the warden has done what the 99z has, we can argue back and forth about designs all day.

Of course the OWNER OF THE COMPANY is going to talk highly about his product. Did you think he was gonna call it a piece of ****?

(On a side note, I'm very interested in the warden, just don't have the funds to drop on one for testing)

Some people just have no respect.
Yep, I got a PM on here about the price Jacob gave me for a used 2000d. The guy wanted to know the price I was given bc he wanted one and didnt want to be charged more than I was. I told him the price given to me was confidential. Needless to say, I got some hate mail from him after that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.