New box idea for the 2 18"s

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
box now is 12 cubes @ 34hz, its loud, just something isnt right, i believe its getting cancellation from the roof or something, im not really worried about metering now, but just mainly daily driving and getting low

now anything at around 37-38hz sounds like chit, i can hear the roof flexing over the bass, i threw my book bag on it one day and it helped a good bit, also it has 2 layers of second skin on some of the roof, and that helped a little

but box is now 12cubes at 34hz

i want to change to one of these and try it, but which one will do the best?

boxqu9.jpg

box2cr8.jpg

box3xb9.jpg

box4cp2.jpg

i dont know if i can get enough port area to put both on the front baffle, im gonna measure and check though

any input?

well with the box in there, it sounds the best pushed back, but i cant fold the seats up with it back, but i dont care

ill measure some stuff, but its a good 8-10" probably

no way im fitting 14cubes...without going up

sup bama... i had 2 18's in my xplorer level with the back seats i cant remember my measure ments but if iirc they were 44wide on bottom and 47 on top .. each side kicked out there is a lil indintion in the panel that will allow it to do it... 20tall and like 34 deep and ALOT of port tuned at 36hz... box build is on termpro.com search loud ass explorer build... anyway here is my vid on ROA so u can see the box

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/mt18.5.wmv

yea i remember, thats one reason i tried this box, and it does great, just trying to figure out some ideas

i might try a chit ton more deadening, but i dont want it to hurt me...

are u sure the subs are wired right i also tried a different designs with 2 15's with subs up port up and it worked pretty good too

I dont have any measurments so only assuming based on that litttle thumbnail pic, but I think the problem with the lows may be similar to what mobeious was saying about ALOT of port. The port looks a little small for 2 18" subs, but thats just looking at the thumbnail, it may be huge, i dont know.. lol

Hatin on my box eh?? Tisk, tisk!! LOL!!

The box is 12 cubes net with 150 square inches of port. Box is 45" W x 19 1/4" T x 33 3/4" D.

Constructive criticisms are welcome.

big pic

port looks fine

maybe alot of imp rise?

i remember when getting the explorer and talking to loyd, he told me to do sub and port back, that with hsi testing was loudest in these models

dont get me wrong, its loud, just think i can get more out of it

2 BTL 18's id try 7-7.25 per sub with around 160-200sq at around 34hz thats going to drop ur Fs of the encloser and big in the lows more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.