new box = bad sound :(

But what about when really high ohms? What's the affect other than seeing less power.
very low possible power, if the gains are set pretty high, you'll be clipping because the amp only makes X amounts of power at certain ohm loads but you are telling it to make much more then that which can cause clipping.

very low possible power, if the gains are set pretty high, you'll be clipping because the amp only makes X amounts of power at certain ohm loads but you are telling it to make much more then that which can cause clipping.
Hmm okay. Lol nice signature

cool i'll try to stop by. do you know till when it'll run?

thanks. i think i may have just found the problem. combination of impedance and phase, i think.

went and bought a multimeter and metered my impedence. I couldnt get a read at the +/_ terminals so i pulled the subs. i thought they were dual 2 ohm and turns out they are dual 1 (.7 to be exact).

right from the start my impedance was wrong. I'm still working on it, but looks like im about to run out of time for the night. Any educated guesses from you guys as far as being able to tell if this could be the culprit for both the clipping and ****** sound??
Not sure how long but will go til

Update:

Think I fixed the problem. Won't find out for sure until i do some small adjustments on my amp tomorrow and on my 3sixty.3 processor, but i'm getting MUCH better sound already.

As some of you suggested- impedance, phase and ohm load were the issues.

I had wired the speakers incorrectly. I took them out, checked the ohm's and rewired them to get a 3 ohm load (each sub is DVC .8 ohms). Prior to this rewiring, the multimeter didn't even get a read out, so it must have been a weird wiring thing i did.

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate your time and help.

View attachment 26551043

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.