new amp soon

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
hey im gonna up my amp real soon, going from a kenny 500 watt RMS looking for 700 watts rms at 2 ohms and up. im looking at the CRUNCH P1500.1 because its around my budget of $160. any other good amps around that range? hows the crunch stuff for budget low cost budget system?

awesome, hows the sound quality? rms ratings accurate or overrated?

Over rated I'm sure... Not sure about SQ, lol... Never heard any system close to being as good as mine, even though mine isn't very good... LOL.

ya same here, i only know one dude who has sony hooked up in a crap box and worse amp so i have no real reference so im sure itll be good for me. with a 900 watt rms rating at 2 ohms, you think itll push to 10s rated at 350 a piece 700 in parallel?

ya same here, i only know one dude who has sony hooked up in a crap box and worse amp so i have no real reference so im sure itll be good for me. with a 900 watt rms rating at 2 ohms, you think itll push to 10s rated at 350 a piece 700 in parallel?
It should.. Even if it only does 600, you wouldn't really notice, or so I hear...

great, thanks for info! I'm going from 500 kenwood watts in a too big sealed box to around 600-900 watts in a properly ported box, it should sound a world of a difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hey im gonna up my amp real soon, going from a kenny 500 watt RMS looking for 700 watts rms at 2 ohms and up. im looking at the CRUNCH P1500.1 because its around my budget of $160. any other good amps around that range? hows the crunch stuff for budget low cost budget system?
buddy you have to realize it cost close .75 to 1.25 per watt to get true power that crunch is nothing but junk save your money and buy something good cheaper amps are cheap for a reason look in dampening factors and slew rate and T H D those are things that make your sub sound better and last longer.

What do dampening factors and slew rate and THD do? A amp with a dampening rate of 300 is ok or whats good? Whats going to be the difference between a THD of .05% and .5%?

200 watts really wont do too much more for you. I have a house in Beaufort.....its technically in sheldon. If you know the first bridge you go over before you actually get into Beaufort(highway) look right when your going over the bridge and my family's house is one of those on the water. Its in between the highway bridge and the railroad tressel

you dont know caipatin morgan by any chance do you? He is a crazy dude that thinks he is a pirate and has some kind of serious mental problems(dad and brother both killed themselves). He lives on the water has a home built amphibious airplane, and a big ass home built trebuche. Says his dad was some researcher for NASA and invented some revolutionary part for the space shuttles......he has some kind of engineering degree. O yea and the walls of his house are lined with guns/knives.......CRAZIEST person I have ever met. He is my friend's neighbor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.