Neons...

Originally posted by fantomas its actually everywhere that you can't have neons on your car. its possible that even installing them is illegal...but if you dont turn them on, police dont care. the only LEGAL colored light you can have outside your car is amber, not blue, white, red, green, or any other color. notice how i mention white....you can only have 4 white lights on your car (and they must be on the front). so only amber and white in the front, and amber and red in the back. lighs INSIDE the car may be seen by the cops as a distraction. its possible to get ticketed for that too. of course if you have a loud car (ie hole in the muffler) and play loud music (with a lot of bass), that wont help your chances of not getting ticketed either. so remember, keep it quiet in residential areas at night, and dont drive like an ******* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif -scott
Well, you are partially right but you missed a couple of points. Yes, it is illegal to have any other colored lights VISABLY showing on your vehicle. There is nothing in any law books in any state that I have been to that says you can't have neons tucked under your vehicle out of sight. The light doesn't shine out, it shines down into the road, making the tube and the light unseen. Now the reds and blues tend to piss off most cops and will usually find a way to ticket you. Now inside the car is another story as well. You can have stratigically (sp?) placed neons in your car that don't actually shine out of your vehicle's windows. I have them in my bed area, my sub box, and in an overhead console. When the lights are on, you can't see them from the outside of the vehicle unless you decide to get up next to it and look inside. They may try to say it's a distraction but there isn't a court that will hold that up because simply a hot looking truck or car with a wild paint job could be a distraction. For that matter, a hot looking chick sitting in a bone stock convertible is more of a distraction for me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Peace....(yeah, right...with all this?!?)

Originally posted by Hellrazor There is nothing in any law books in any state that I have been to that says you can't have neons tucked under your vehicle out of sight. The light doesn't shine out, it shines down into the road, making the tube and the light unseen.
if you are referring to an underbody neon kit, then you'll be able to see the lights from a distance. in this case, it IS illegal to have them on while driving. (you may notice that many lights and lenses you buy have a disclaimer saying "not for street use". those items are intended for show only on the fact that they dont want to be responsible for you getting a ticket. so, if you are hanging out in the local taco bell parking lot at 10:30 at night, show off all the neons your relays can power, but if you drive with them on, and in a visible manner, you might get pulled over (depends on the cop and stuff i guess) -scott

hey a cop in my area says that the only illegal colors are red, white, and amber, because they look like headlights, taillights, and turnsignals...he says they are not illegal if they are like purple or something wierd like that...at least that is what he said

one question, is it ok if u put a neon light on the trunk?

i mean cuz of the bass n stuff, wouldn't the vibrations crack the light?

Im sure every state is fairly similar with their laws regarding aftermarket lights. The only way to be sure is to check with you local dude and see whats illegal and whats not.

In BC, you cant cruise with neons on, when your parked, go right ahead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

i guess it is different everywhere....i wish they would pass a new amendment to the constitution defining what is legal and illegal for neon light usage....so that we can have a better understnading....hehe:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dkim1385

10+ year member
dkim1385
Midland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from