Need sub recomendation for ported box I just bought

Participant count
  • Participant list

hunter121
10+ year member

Dude...I'm searching!
Hey guys I know these sort of threads are frowned upon and I have been searching around here trying to figure this out on my own but I need some help. I have a 08 GMC 2500hd crew cab, I just bought a box that has been custom made to fit under the seat and I am trying to match up some 12's for the box.

External Dimensions ( not including humps for magnets or legs) are 50.5 x 15.75 x 6.5 x 3.25

Humps are 1.75 x 8.25 x 9.5

There is a port that is 2 x 6.25 x 13.5 that is dead center

5/8 = .625 box material

6.5" MAX mount depth

Amp for both is a Alpine PDX1000 so about 500rms each.

Budget - I would like to stay around $400 for both or under BUT I would be willing to spend more if I have to.

I am not to sure how to find out what the box is tuned to or if I should calculate in the port with box volume or not?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Kole Audio MFW-12 SVC 4ohm 500rms/1000pk, 91DB Min/max sealed box 1.2cu ft..top mount depth=4inches..$79.99ea. with free shipping, at SonicElectronix.Call them, and they may give you some kind of discount for Black Friday.My friend has one in his ford truck, down fire as the box you have, with the Hifonics Cyclops VII 100 watt mono block, and it shakes his X-cab.Nice woofer,and sounds great.I recommend it.a pair will get you to 2ohms:D

I appreciate the suggestions so far, the new type R's look interesting and I will definitley look in to the Koles as well. Also I do agree that I could have had a box made by someone on here but I am working 7 days a week in a different state then my own and i am not going to hand over the keys to my $50k truck to someone I dont know. Also you can tell someone made this box and its not a prefab....although it does appear to be modeled after one. Who knows I might try it out and if it ***** I will then look into a true custom enclosure.

Thanks again for the suggestions and if someone else has some thoughts feel free to chime in.

I appreciate the suggestions so far, the new type R's look interesting and I will definitley look in to the Koles as well. Also I do agree that I could have had a box made by someone on here but I am working 7 days a week in a different state then my own and i am not going to hand over the keys to my $50k truck to someone I dont know. Also you can tell someone made this box and its not a prefab....although it does appear to be modeled after one. Who knows I might try it out and if it ***** I will then look into a true custom enclosure.
Thanks again for the suggestions and if someone else has some thoughts feel free to chime in.
next time buy the sub first. i garauntee the right single sub in a box built right will be louder and sound better than 2 in that box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.