need ideas on where/how to mount amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got a 1996 Ford F150. Need help on where and how to mount amps. Got a pair of powerbass atm amps. Small footprints. Going to have Stang hook me up with box plans for a pair of Massive Audio summo 6" subs. But first need to decide where i will be mounting the amps so I will know how much space i will have cor the enclosure. Any ideas much appreciated

What cab? Single, extended, or crew?
Can mount amps to back wall, under rear seats, or under front seats
Sorry i didnt specify. Single cab. Under the seat may be my only option. Not much room behind seat and im going to need that space for the sub box

I've seen amps mounted where the center console is. Just one area.

Build the sub enclosure around the amps laying flat on a false floor in the cab area is another idea.

I've seen amps mounted where the center console is. Just one area.
Build the sub enclosure around the amps laying flat on a false floor in the cab area is another idea.
good idea. Going to try the under seat method first. should work out ok. therefore giving me the entire space behind the seat for enclosure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.