Need high quality "shallower" speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

LittleJoe
10+ year member

Well I bought a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser. I was and still want to install a pair of Hertz HSK 6.5" Components in the front. I luckily ran across a Hertz dealer in North Carolina about 3 hours from me. I listened to them and thought hey were exceptional. The salesman looked up my car and told me he doesn't think they will work since the depth in the doors are VERY VERY minimal. I think he said only 1.65" was available. He said he would need to pull the door off to see but man that is 3+ hours away.

The dealers in my area push The German-Maestros, Polk MM, JL and Boston Acoustics.

Help me out here guys. I need a speaker that is known for SQ but needs to be more shallow. I am bummed thigh. i wanted the Hertz, especially since I was getting such a good deal.

You could use a spacer or baffle to increase the depth allowance of your door. Many people use them regardless.
But doesn't space between the door and door panel only allow so much space? I men wont the door panel bow out and look funny?

I forgot to mention that I probably won't run a sub since I use all 3 rows of seats and there isn't any cargo room left behind the 3rd row. There isn't any room in the side panels in the rear eight to have a sub installed.

You can get slim speakers from Massive Audio in the SK component series. CDT Audio has inverted magnet woofers in their ES line of components, such as the ES-62iM 2-way set with imaging tweeters. You would need at least a 1/4" baffle ring to use the slim CDT Audio woofers, which shouldn't be a big deal to fit your door panels over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.