Need a cheap 1 ohm stable amp.. not hifonics?

AndonD454
10+ year member

The Wistles Go WOOOOOO!
Hey guys.. havent been here in a while.. kinda got out of audio since ive been in college.. mostly due to me having no money and my car being broken into twice..

Anyways, I told a buddy i would help him out. His bx1605 is blowing inline fuses.. told him its probably time to say goodbye.

Are there any amps besides hifonics that i could recommend him for 300ish or less that would give him about 1000 rms at 1 ohm? I havent been around for a while and i have no idea what kind of budget amps have been getting praise lately

Audioque 1200D is 250 shipped BNIB from the company

You might be able to get an older Sundown 1500D for that

You might hear about those two a few more times.

almost everything is 1 ohm stable these days

I have a Crunch pzi2000.1 that'll do ~1000 at 1 ohm though it is a maxxsonics brand....pm me if interested and gl

my buddy had a hifonics amp that kept blowing fuses also....his ohm load was too low.
Everything worked fine for a couple years, and i don't think the final load at the amp would have changed unexpectedly, especially for it to drop far below 1 ohm with two dual 4s

When you guys say blowing fuses, you mean blowing the fuses on the amp and the one that connects the battery, right?
Well definitely the inline fuse that connects to the battery, but not the fuses on the amp.. at least they don't appear to be blown despite some discoloration on the contacts.. doesnt look serious..

Never heard anything about audiopipe amps.. could i expect this to be fairly reliable (I know I can't expect the world from a 1kw+ amp under 2-300)?

Never heard anything about audiopipe amps.. could i expect this to be fairly reliable (I know I can't expect the world from a 1kw+ amp under 2-300)?
That particular series, does rated power @ 14.4

I have installed two of the AP30001D's and 5 of the AP1501D's, all have had any issues, never went into protect. They are an all around beast of an amp for the price.

if you do get another hifonics amp......get a generation XX. i just seen a pic of the one you are talking about.....i see why its acting a fool! dont let that BX series amp make you or your friend think all hifonics amps are crap because there are some good ones out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.