nate2587- poor communication

hawaiianmaxx
10+ year member

I had been in search of a DD 9500f series motor about a month ago. We had been in talks about a motor that he was interested in selling along with a recone and basket(not assembled). Took us about a week to work out the details and we finally came to an agreement on a deal. He sent me a Paypal money request on April 29 and I sent my payment that same day. Since then I've sent him numerous PM's, but it's been nearly impossible to reach him. I've been trying to find out the actual ship date and check to see if he sent the items through Priority Mail like we agreed(and I paid for). Since sending my payment he has only replied through a PM to me once and only after several PM's from me asking if the items had shipped. Here's a copy of our last conversation on May 6(the only contact I've had with him since sending my payment on April 29):

It's been a week bro... what's the deal? You were on a couple of days ago, could have at least let me know what's going on.

ALOHA,

SKY
Yes the motor recone and basket were sent out
I have no idea what's going on all I know is that I sent him money three weeks ago and have nothing to show for it and he has failed to keep in contact with me. I've filed a dispute through PayPal in which he has yet to acknowledge or reply. I know I have a limited time frame to escalate the dispute into a claim. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but if I am left with no other choice, I will have to file a claim against him. It ***** that it has come to this, but I feel as if I have no other choice.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

i know Nate

he is a great guy

you should have no worries

your stuff is in route if he said it is

i have dealt with him 1/2 dozen times

Thank you for the reassurance guys. I filed the dispute with PayPal to cover myself. Like I said, after sending my payment we practically lost contact. He went from replying to my PM's same day to not even logging on to the forums. It's hard to just sit and wait when you lose communication with the seller.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

I just checked and I only have until May 26 to escalate the dispute to a claim. If the package doesn't arrive in the next couple days, I'll be forced to file a claim against him. Like I said, if he would have kept in contact with me, it probably would have been a different story.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

Well should have waited a little longer before filing with PP, but I see why you would be worried. Most people will send a tracking number. If he didn't do that while saying it was sent out, I would be a little skeptical as well.

Good luck!

Nate is a good guy and im sure your stuff is on its way like the rest have said.. But you should have waited to file a dispute... Once you file a dispute and then cancel it you are no longer able to file another one with that same transaction if you really need to.. Trust me.. I have experience first hand.. LOL!

I escalated the PayPal dispute to a PayPal claim... I guess I just wait now. It's all up to PayPal, the downside is that even if PayPal rules in my favor, if he doesn't have any funds in his account, I won't get anything back. He hasn't replied here or on PayPal.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

I guess I got screwed out of $424.85 to be exact. PayPal was able to recover $0.15 for me big woop! A big sarcastic thanks to those members who replied earlier trying to stand up for this guy... what scumbag he turned out to be huh?

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favor.

We were able to recover $0.15 USD and this amount has been credited to you.

Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to

recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed

to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the

seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account

privileges.

-----------------------------------

Transaction Details

-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Havoc Audio

Seller's Email: sales@havocaudio.com

Seller's Transaction ID: 4302386241936215C