My mind is boggled

Participant count
  • Participant list

order227

So, I have some component speakers (Infinity Reference 6800cs) wired to my Pioneer DEH-9800. The problem I am having is there is no sound coming out of the right woofer. The tweeter, however, does have sound.

I took the woofer and crossover from the right and put it on the left and they worked. The woofer and crossover from the left also does not work on the right side.

I guess the part that boggles my mind ( I'm hoping not yours) is that the tweeter on the right side works perfectly.

Hoping you all have some suggestions or ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.

The wiring was the same from crossover to woofer when I tried the set on each side. It would work on the left but not the right. The only thing that stayed on the right side was the input wires. I'm pretty sure I had the + and - correct but if I didn't would the tweeter still work?

Thanks for the reply.
The wiring was the same from crossover to woofer when I tried the set on each side. It would work on the left but not the right. The only thing that stayed on the right side was the input wires. I'm pretty sure I had the + and - correct but if I didn't would the tweeter still work?
You're not paying attention. Check the wiring on your crossover. Would the tweeter work if hooked up backwards? Yes but that question is irrelevant.

I guess I wasn't clear.

I took the crossover from the right side of the car still wired to the woofer and hooked it up on the left. Once hooked up on the left it worked.

I then took the crossover and woofer from the left side of the car (that had just been producing sound) and hooked it up on the right. Once hooked up on the right it did not.

So, the only thing that could of been wrong was switching the neg and pos of the INPUT on the right side crossover. I'm pretty positive that I didn't and what I was asking was if the INPUT neg and pos is switched would the tweeter still work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

order227

order227
C-ville, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
whitedragon551