**** my life..............!!!!!!!!!

Nice man! Congratulations! Even if it takes a little bit to get up and running it'll still be cheap.

Wife's tranny went out in our 2003 Honda Odyssey a few months back. They wanted $2800 at Aamco and that was the cheapest! Well, I said screw it. it had 200,000 on it and the entire van wasn't worth 2800. Lol! I bit the bullet and started making payments on a 2010 Maxima. After a while you get so sick of the hoopty's that you just bite the bullet and start making payments!

looks good man i just sold mine. water pump is $30 and takes 15 minutes to swap out. the big issue with that engine is the lower intake manifold gaskets. if they are bad have them replaced with felpro multi layer steel (mls) as the plastic delco oem replacements are junk. its not hard but very time consuming. average price for a garage is around $750 to fix. the parts are only 60-70 bucks. ball joints and wheel bearings are known to need replacing more than other cars but they are cheap. good luck man and congrats on the new whip.

looks good man i just sold mine. water pump is $30 and takes 15 minutes to swap out. the big issue with that engine is the lower intake manifold gaskets. if they are bad have them replaced with felpro multi layer steel (mls) as the plastic delco oem replacements are junk. its not hard but very time consuming. average price for a garage is around $750 to fix. the parts are only 60-70 bucks. ball joints and wheel bearings are known to need replacing more than other cars but they are cheap. good luck man and congrats on the new whip.

yea we questing the lower intake manifold, but the prev owner said it was recently replaced. I google what it was doing and i read online that a guys was doing the same thing(coolant boiling from reservoir). When all said and done he ended up looking over the coolant reservoir/plastic tank and notice the reservoir was really warn out and the cap was no longer sealing good when put it on, he said he tried a new cap as well but would seal correctly. So in turn the loose cap/bad reservoir wasnt allowing the cooling system to build pressure and circulate it to keep the engine from over heating. He changed it and his car stopped over heating........ go figure lol.. so i guess im look at and see if it worn out like his. Whats funny is i seen quite a few people say theres did the same thing online and just changed the reservoir and it stopped over heating. lol But yea $300 and i can technically drive it now if i want but i think i want to figure out the problem before really driving it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.