My complete box log. Ported=TIME CONSUMING!!

Qbenjamin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Braavos
I started on this box yesterday evening, and I finished up on it today. Even after all the careful planning I did, in the end, I forgot to put the braces in. WTF? The design if from Chris (AKA IONSQL), which is pretty basic, but made for my sub. I used a crap load of tools: Dremel, Jigsaw, Sander, Silicone II Caulk, Drill Driver, Hole Saw, etc. Overall, I think this box took me well over 8 hours. I have never done a Vented box before, and now I know first hand, how laborious it really is. Kudos to those of you that do this everyday. Well, here comes the pics.....

3/4" MDF 49X97"

DSC00671.jpg

First Few Cuts, using the Table Saw

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

Now here comes the Silicone II Caulk. This stuff is about $5 per tube, but IMO, it is well worth the money spent. Sticks to the MDF very easily.

DSC00683.jpg

This part was a real pain in the butt as always. I used the Jigsaw to cut the Hole, and then I used the Dremel to smooth it out.

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

Well, here's the front wall and the port. While doing the port, I almost made the mistake of screwing down the left wall first and then trying to put the rear port in. Well, had I done this, I wouldn't have been able to install the rear port.

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

Looking at this pic, I notice two things right away:

1) No, that is not a *****, it's actually a flashlight that my wife was issued in Air Force BMT in 2005

2) I actually had about a 1/4" overlay on that second baffle. It sticks out just a tad bit, and I put a crap load of Caulk up at the top.

Looking at this pic, I notice two things right away:1) No, that is not a *****, it's actually a flashlight that my wife was issued in Air Force BMT in 2005

2) I actually had about a 1/4" overlay on that second baffle. It sticks out just a tad bit, and I put a crap load of Caulk up at the top.

1) your wife wants you to think she just uses that thing for a flashlight:)

2) the box looks good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.