MurderMat Design and Specifications

adas
Pro Seller

MurderMat
SRQ-FL
549154_471892376163240_13372447_n.jpg

Our Idea behind MurderMat was to get away from the tired look of regular vibration deadener out there.....and created an all new look.

Not only does it look awesome, it performs even better.

We used a completely original design along with an Amigram layout,

so besides the MurderMat name itself, it doesn't have an "upside down" when cutting into smaller peices.

It not only looks better, but exceeds most of the "extreme" deadeners specifications.

The reason for our MurderMat's sleek looks, is our thin automotive grade, vinyl coating on top of the aluminum constraining layer.

2 Mils thick, it is fused to our aluminum,and it does have function as well as form.

It keeps the deadener smooth and wrinkle free and aids in reducing cuts and lacerations during installation.

This is a breath of fresh air compared to most people's experiences with installing deadener.

222096_490333377652473_2002596526_n.jpg

The top layer is fused to the aluminum with a durable, yet removable adhesive, and can be peeled off with some effort,

leaving a smooth, bare black aluminum surface when peeled correctly.

With the layer removed, the deadener loses the MurderMat logo, and mostly becomes a fully black, "murdered out" deadener.

The lack of the top beauty layer can aid in installation in tight corners and deep dips, but at the expense more wrinkles, and a less durable black finish.

Though most of the time, You don’t have to worry about applying mat into areas with irregular surfaces or bending it into tight corners because those areas shapes already makes them resistant to resonance.

546365_490333517652459_1064556887_n.jpg

The most important part, is our black aluminum constrainting layer.

Here, we use the highest quality T6061 grade aluminum, soft enough to cut but hard enough to do its job as a vibration-constrainting layer.

It is then covered in a Black anodized coating, to give it a high quality and sleek look.

Our BL series has a strong 5 Mil thick pure aluminum layer, while our MDK has super 8 Mil thick layer.

Combined with our top layer, this gives us a 7 Mil, and 10Mil thick constrainting layer, respectively.

The next most important part, and that is the 79 Mil thick, Butyl rubber dampening layer within +/-5%

We sought after the highest quality butyl we could find,

and ended with a compound 99.9% pure of any fillers, and NO asphalt.

This negates any unpleasent odor in installation and the vehicle, especially in higher temperature environments.

The MurderMat butyl has a very high heat tolerence, enough so that it will not fail, fall off,

or melt in any extreme temperature ranges in a vehicular environment.

We rate it at a range of -40*F to 320*F, and while it will take higher temperatures, at that level, your car is probably on fire.

393219_488464354506042_988189584_n.jpg

Next is the adhesive layer, which is what actually bonds the MurderMat to the surfaces of your vehicle.

Without a strong adhesive, the mat becomes useless.

Your deadener is only as effective as the bond to your cars panels.

You want it to stick, and after applying, never have to worry about it falling off.

For this we used a super strong, 43lb/sq. inch butyl adhesive so once it is stuck in place, it won't move.

A stong adhesive allows for multiple layers to be applied to one another, and not have to worry about the first layer unsticking itself because of the added mass.

A fun fact, is that the way butyl adhesive works, is the longer it stays on a surface, the stronger the bond becomes.

Thanks, and Contact [color"BLACK"]sales@murdermat.com for any further questions

[/color]

Last edited by a moderator:
so it will fail if temps go under -40f? up here it can get to -50f.
While we haven't tried it out in temperature ratings that low, were still more then confident it will hold up just fine. The butyl and adhesive only becomes harder and less flexible as temperature drops, so failing in the traditional way of deadener falling off should not be any issue. Honestly, I don't believe I've heard of a good butyl deadener ever failing in-car because of extreme cold, but I could be mistaken. Though i will say, that I don't recommend applying any deadener at that temperature!

How does it compare to deathmat
As far as I know Deathmat was discontinued a few months ago, we've never gotten our hands on any.

With their specs of thickness at .085", that puts it at 85 Mils rated thickness, which is very close to our BL product.

Other than total thickness, could not find any other specs to compare to. Except that it's nowhere near as cool looking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

While we haven't tried it out in temperature ratings that low, were still more then confident it will hold up just fine. The butyl and adhesive only becomes harder and less flexible as temperature drops, so failing in the traditional way of deadener falling off should not be any issue. Honestly, I don't believe I've heard of a good butyl deadener ever failing in-car because of extreme cold, but I could be mistaken. Though i will say, that I don't recommend applying any deadener at that temperature!
It's ok everyone, I will see how it holds up to liquid nitrogen on Sunday.

Gotta go into the lab anyway.

Just to make sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adas

Pro Seller
MurderMat
adas
SRQ-FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date