Multi Amp Install Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
Never had more then one amp at a time, so figured Id double check a few things.

Would have 1/0 awg from battery, to 300amp fuse about 10in away, then 1/0 awg continued through car to distro block. 1/0 awg goes out one end straight to ZRS-C65, and another out goes to DSC480.

Questions I have are, do I need 4 awg for the DSC480, or will 8 awg work? Or can I just run two lines of 8 awg, and twist them together at the end going in the amp? Ive got a ton of 8 awg, but no 4 is why Im asking.

Do I need any other fuses anywhere, or is the one 300amp by the battery all I need (aside from the ones in the amps themselves)?

And lastly, will about 280rms @ 4ohm for the dsc480, and 600-800ish @ 2ohm for the ZRS-C65, run on stock eletrical with 1/0awg big 3? Stock alt is 110amps.

Its not fused, Im thinking of making a run up to knuconceptz, so Ill grab one of their fused ones. Cheaper then getting two more fuse holders and fuses.

Is it ok to have 4awg leaving the distro block to the ZRS-C65? Shouldnt be more then 3-4ft.

Its not fused, Im thinking of making a run up to knuconceptz, so Ill grab one of their fused ones. Cheaper then getting two more fuse holders and fuses.
Is it ok to have 4awg leaving the distro block to the ZRS-C65? Shouldnt be more then 3-4ft.
My opinion, for a short run, yes you'll be fine. I will say though, that I like to use the proper tool for the job the first time around. Take that as you will.

You know to each his own.. do not really know if it really makes a difference.. I suppose it would.. or it might not.. but I like running 2 separate power wires sized right for the application to each amp.. I'm not big on dist blocks from one wire.. and then out to multi-amps.. but I've never really ran more than 2 amps at a time neither..

But that's just me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.