Mounting a subwoofer to a custom box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I am new to the speaker box building community and have no idea what kind of screws to mount the subwoofer with. The box is already built and all I have to do is drill and mount the subs. I know t-nuts should be used but should I use metal or plastic screws? Should I use additional gaskets is the sub already has its own? It seems stupid, but can someone please help.

I have always used 5/8 - 3/4 inch metal screws and drilled directly into the box. The supplied gasket should be good enough. The only prob that I have encountered with my may of sub installation is that if you need to remove the sub from the box a couple of times, the cheap pressed fiber board tends to start falling apart around the screw holes. When this happened to me I just repaired the box with a plastic wood filler. You can re-drill the holes once this stuff dries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.