mono amp around 1k+

im just curious i know most rate at 14.4v now and back then 12.6.... but my car stays at 13.8 ? ecotec how many watts am i gaining or losing with the little voltage difference? and last i checked the brz was best on bench hifonics had to offer ... and if im not mistaken... DID rated?
Hifonics BRZ1200.1

-Starting at 14.6v dropping to 13.7v

-starting at .5 ohms Rise to 1.1 ohms

-Power: 1391 watts
They will get to rated up around 13.8+, but down at 12.6v they will generally fall short of rated with a CLEAN signal. They will do rated with a dirty clipped signal, but not clean .....

I still test everything at 12.6, as that should be the lowest voltage you would get to in a decent car audio set up. lots of people run their systems down into the mid 12v range.... And I sell ALOT of amps on CL, (over 50 so far this year) so I want a true number to give to people ....

I have a test bench with a 500 amp custom PSU that I built for it. I control the voltage through the I2C chip with an Arduino, from 11.9 up to 14.8 .... I am working on getting that up to 1000 amps here soon. Then I can bench amps up to around 12,000 watts RMS ..... I use a Hameg 2 ch Oscope and all my meters are true rms Fluke meters .... I've prob benched around 70+ amps so far this year, I just don't make videos, and do the social media thing with it. I just really like to bench amps, and see what amps really do what, from cheap azz pyramids, to rare 1991 Kenwoods and US Amps, Orion HC stuff, ect ....It's just a hobby I enjoy doing ...... Heck, I've burnt almost a half a dozen subs up in the last 9 months, throwing WAY too much power into them .... it's fun ...lol ...

They will get to rated up around 13.8+, but down at 12.6v they will generally fall short of rated with a CLEAN signal. They will do rated with a dirty clipped signal, but not clean .....
I still test everything at 12.6, as that should be the lowest voltage you would get to in a decent car audio set up. lots of people run their systems down into the mid 12v range.... And I sell ALOT of amps on CL, (over 50 so far this year) so I want a true number to give to people ....

I have a test bench with a 500 amp custom PSU that I built for it. I control the voltage through the I2C chip with an Arduino, from 11.9 up to 14.8 .... I am working on getting that up to 1000 amps here soon. Then I can bench amps up to around 12,000 watts RMS ..... I use a Hameg 2 ch Oscope and all my meters are true rms Fluke meters .... I've prob benched around 70+ amps so far this year, I just don't make videos, and do the social media thing with it. I just really like to bench amps, and see what amps really do what, from cheap azz pyramids, to rare 1991 Kenwoods and US Amps, Orion HC stuff, ect ....It's just a hobby I enjoy doing ...... Heck, I've burnt almost a half a dozen subs up in the last 9 months, throwing WAY too much power into them .... it's fun ...lol ...
yup i got a weird electrical system 12.6v the ecotec will fry my batt. internals... learned this after 4 optima replacements.. now i use mechman ho with selfexciting regulator... i do the same... im really into budget builds...

yup i got a weird electrical system 12.6v the ecotec will fry my batt. internals... learned this after 4 optima replacements.. now i use mechman ho with selfexciting regulator... i do the same... im really into budget builds...
NO you are a cheap beeeeep..lol

Audiobahn A1500HCT High Current Series (2005 edition, 10 years old) PM for info/ pics

It is in excellent condition all chrome with chrome flames with awesome blue lighting that can draw attention from sound and looks.

this amp is power very hungry so if you have the voltage above the 12.5 volts you get more power than rated

Power Rating At 12.5 Volts:

500 WATTS RMS x 1 channel at 4 Ohms (1000 Watts peak x 1 channel at 4 ohms)

1000 WATTS RMS x 1 Channel at 2 Ohms (2000 Watts Peak x 1 Channel at 2 Ohms)

2000 WATTS RMS x 1 Channel at 1 Ohm (4000 Watts Peak x 1 Channel at 1 Ohm)

9f9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.