Modding Pre-Amp Board on MTX TA81001D...

Participant count
  • Participant list

HsOffRoad

I just picked up a pair of MTX Thunder TA81001D amps, and according to the engineers at MTX there is no way to disable the subsonic filter or bypass the built in EQ in the pre-amp board (which is a crock). The TA92001, TE4001, and TE1501 units all have a button to bypass all of this garbage, but no such button exists on the TA81001. If you take the pre-amp board out, you can clearly see a spot on the board for the bypass switch - Labeled as "S102". MTX refuses to give me a schematic or instructions on what needs to be jumpered, removed, etc. to eliminate the EQ and Subsonic filter pieces. I'm about to tear into it myself, but figured I would ask here first. If anyone has experiencing modding these out, or access to to schematics for the TA92001, TE4001, or TE1501 pre-amp boards, It would be most appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Hans

that ***** man. ive dealt with the amp guys at mtx before on several occasions and they were ussually pretty helpful when finding out abot parts on the boards. since its a much newer line of amp they probly dont wanna give out the schematics for that reason.....that or they didnt like you.....

Can you post some pics of the preamp board and the location of that switch? Are you sure that switch is for the amp bypass? If so, you can probably just get away with installing your own switch, or even just short the pins with a piece of wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.