Mmats Amplifiers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kevin Boyer
10+ year member

These amps are made here in the USA, and after looking over their website, and the history of the company, I have added them to my short list of 4 channel amps. The amp would be running either Rainbow CS 265.25, or Dynaudio Esotec 242 GT 's. I was wondering if any of the forum members here have used these amps. or have info regarding the company and their amp lines? I'm thinking of the SQ4160 for my application.

Kevin.

powerful, clean, reliable and built in the usa.. definitely highend..

why rainbow or dynaudio?

cdt

hybrid audio

hertz

helix

zapco..

im a long time dynaudio fan, but there overpriced and have been exceeded in the last 2 years..

papermaker....Thanks for your reply, and for your recommendation with regard to speakers. I'm not "committed" to anything yet. With all the high end manufacturers out there now, I want to make sure I cover all the bases. I have looked at the Hertz line-up and am impressed. CDT is not one I had looked at yet, but just did and I am impressed. I see you are running them at the moment. Did you buy them as a component set, or as separates? Can you recommend a 2 way set? I'll look at the Helix and Zapco as well. I appreciate the input.

Kevin.

depends on how you plan to design you system.. imo active is the way to go, but you have to put alot of time and effort into it..

also it decents on mounting locations and tobal preferences..

whst is your budget(total)?

how much space do you have 4 your mids?

what car you have?

give me some feed back..

I've got a 2009 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew, which has 4 full doors. I was told by another forum member that active is the way to go also. I haven't had a system in any of my vehicles for 5 years, so this is a "learning" experience all over again. Budget will probably total with HU, speakers, and amp over $1000.00 for sure, based on the equipment I'm looking at. At this time I am only looking to have speakers in the front of the cab. No plans at this time for a sub, but maybe later. I'm looking for a clean, simple system. I'm more into the musicality than the "loudness".

Kevin.

mmats..the little amp,amazingpower...100,200,300hc and the 1400s were the best ones..small but powerful..still have 2 100hc..back when being in a small rated power class counted..100hc..100watt class amp does 1267..classic.get um built for more power..only 125

Well I pulled the trigger on a Mmats amp last night. Picked up the SQ-4160 for $345.00. It's in pristine condition. It came out of a show car.

* 4 x 160Wrms @ 4 ohms

* 2 X 350Wrms @ 4 ohms mono

* Dimensions: 18.375" x 11.5" x 2.125"

* Frequency Response (-3db): 10Hz to 50KHz

* Signal to Noise Ratio: -105db A weighted

* Distortion @ Rated Output:

* Damping Factor @ 100 Hz: >125

* Input Sensitivity: 150mV to 2.5Vrms

* Idle Current: 1 amp

SQ-4160 - Mmats 4 Ch 4x160 Watt RMS Amplifier

It was sold along with a SQ-4150, but I won out with the 4160. I talked to the guys at Mmats today about it, and came away with the feeling I made a great choice. Now on to the speaker choice. So many good company's out there it's hard to make a decision. I'm now debating whether I should go 2 way or 3 way, and, after much thought, I'm going to stick with a passive set-up. The whole idea of active was way over my head, and the time involved to understand it was more than I wanted to invest. Thanks to all of you who weighed in on this post.

Kevin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.