mini cooper, wall, 2 18" mts, 6kw

the following pictures have been brought to you by Bondo

layer 1, will sand tomorow and add more layers until its pretty smooth, smooth enough to be covered without showing imperfections. doesnt have to be perfect, as its not getting painted. its not to bad now to be honest

DSCF3098.jpg

DSCF3099.jpg

DSCF3100.jpg

DSCF3101.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3103.jpg

DSCF3104.jpg

DSCF3105.jpg

been sitting for 2 weeks, in the rain, lol

DSCF3106.jpg

didnt you see the pics before this........ i put resin, then mat+resin, now im on bondo...yes its bondo brand filler lol...i dont care it works for what i need, not like it gets hot in my car where its gonna crack with 81 layers of tint lol

Oh gotcha, yeah I missed some of the pics on the last page I wasnt sure what I was looking at.

Never mind, continue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

....cough cough....rage gold....cough :p

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i should go outside and sand a little, but i didnt feel like getting dust everywhere since the outside of the car is wet lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i should go outside and sand a little, but i didnt feel like getting dust everywhere since the outside of the car is wet lol
You got yourself an orbital? I hate sanding filler, with a passion! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Oh yeah wear a dust mask. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

****, the driver side might need a one more layer of mat in a few areas...can i put mat+ resin over this bondo? will it affect how it adheres or anything?

****, the driver side might need a one more layer of mat in a few areas...can i put mat+ resin over this bondo? will it affect how it adheres or anything?
Nah you'll be fine, if your worried about it sand the hell out of it before you do.

yeah it needs more layers cause lord knows no one around here is waiting to see this thing finished....i personally think that if you need another layer on the drivers side of the box then that would mean to me that the box is sittin in there crooked. ahhhh fookit, lets rip that crooked bish out and redo it right this time. besides that old box has been in there for soooo long its old technology now

Haha, the box actually is off by 1/4" on one side, can't remeber which tho. But ill do another layer on each side tomorow morning (I'm at work now til 930am) then ill re bondo it. I like how its coming out so far though. I kinda wanna put something behind there to fill in the empty space, but expanding foam might buldge out the glassed panel so I don't wanna do that..

i have been browsing this thread for 3+ days now....when i started i was reasonably sure it would be complete eventually....then i kept reading. somehow im not suprised its not finished...im going back to video games

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.