Memphis org 1.1000 amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Bought this amo worked great for 2 years all of a sudden amp wouldn't turn on or play...forgot to remove amp and used the car it was in again amped played perfect the whole day...Sometimes the amp will turn on and play and then cutoff and turn off and not turn on after 10 minutes other days it will play great for 2 days need help any advice is appreciated

[quote name='Pimpthecakes']Bought this amo worked great for 2 years all of a sudden amp wouldn't turn on or play...forgot to remove amp and used the car it was in again amped played perfect the whole day...Sometimes the amp will turn on and play and then cutoff and turn off and not turn on after 10 minutes other days it will play great for 2 days need help any advice is appreciated[/QUOTE]
well the 1st thing we would say is check ground and the remote turn on wire, make sure ground tight no paint or rust under it and remote wire could be loose on either end.. maybe @mclerico83 has an idea..

Thanks for the reply...when this happened I rewired every thing and made sure the ground and every other wire was good... checked everything with a multimeter...when amp turns off at random times I have 12v at the remote wire and power wire no popped fuses

Thanks for the reply...when this happened I rewired every thing and made sure the ground and every other wire was good... checked everything with a multimeter...when amp turns off at random times I have 12v at the remote wire and power wire no popped fuses
we got another guy all he does is pop fuses lol., just no way to guess fix for every electrical problem ya know., and normally ground is it but at 2 yrs let me ask u this is amp mounted to box?, either way could be amp is just going., try another amp (yeah u in wrong place for me to help lol) find someone like me with amp laying around wire it for 2 days if no problems u know it's old amp..

No it was layed on flat ground...***** cause I had a Kenwood amp and it died all of a sudden too it wouldn't even turn on like this one does though...would you have an idea how much it would be the range in prices to repair the amp or if it would just be be better to buy new? Thanks for all the help

No it was layed on flat ground...***** cause I had a Kenwood amp and it died all of a sudden too it wouldn't even turn on like this one does though...would you have an idea how much it would be the range in prices to repair the amp or if it would just be be better to buy new? Thanks for all the help
ok so what do u the amp running? how many subs what kind and all..and are u saying u had 2 amps do this with same subs? could be bad vc on the sub.. try other subs., better and easier to buy new amp but make sure amp is problem 1st..

I had the Kenwood amp it was a 8105d hooked up to a type r

swr12d4...amp blew got the memphis prx 1.1000 didn't use the car sold the type r and got a Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 RFD2212 and set the gains down...still tho find it weird like I just took a trip to the store not too long ago played fine for 5 minutes stated cutting out no sound but blue light on gain knob stayed on after another 3 minutes amp wasn't on/didn't turn back on the way back home

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.