Memphis mojo 4k getting hot?

2Dcore
10+ year member

F*It
PA.
I finished my system on the weekend 8 10" subs with the Memphis running them it slams but i went back to check the amp and the thing is pretty **** hot. Is this supposed to happen with these amps or is there a problem somewhere? I been worried about it. it don't clip and it's not distorted. The subs aren't getting hot at all, They are rated 600rms and but are actually under powered. I was just wondering if anyone knows something about this. Thanks

Sorry my internet died on me, I didn't get the post till after i wrote mine and to disturbed come back to me when you learn how to even spell Battery! Anyways, I belive the alt is somewhere around 110 maybe it was there with the old system when i bought it. I did a big 3 to a Kinetik hc2400 all with 0 ga. I don't seem to be having a real big voltage drop when it hits. I should meter it to find out for sure.

K, thanks to nobody on this site i think i now know what the problem is, It's the alt. it's starting to die on me. I pound it for a little and the truck won't hold an idle. The alt must not be able to keep up. So i'm going to order one from Mechman this week. Thanks to the 2 guys that did reply but that wasn't there when i wrote for some reason. The other couple of people on here don't need to think there something so wonderful that they think they know what everyone's about and talk to people anyway they want to. You should learn some manners and not be such an *******. " I smell a troll" well i smell a **** sucker ***! with a **** system. that hangs on a computer all day instead of working on your ride. Get a life **** wad! F'Q all you all!!

You're using a 110 amp alt and a single battery to power 4k watts....that's your problem. It's not cause your alternator is going out, your electrical cannot support that amp.

Get a HO alternator and a few extra batteries and you'll be good to go...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.