Mechman Alternators

Great customer service, 1year warranty, dyno tested before each alt is shipped out, and they have alts for almost any application

i should be getting my alt from them in the next week or two. i'll leave a detailed review for anyone wanting to know about this company when my alt comes in.

call them at 1888-632-4626 matt will hook u up...........

you get what you pay for..........

do u want to pay $449 (thats what i payed for my 250amp alt for civic 06) for an alt that does 150amps at idle and is tested before they ship it (dyno), 1 yr. warranty, and customer service to back it up. or $380 ( what excessive amperage quoted me for a 200amp alt ) 6 month warranty, and i never was able to get through when i called, he contacted me 2 weeks later. ( no dyno) and if you were even thinking about going with iraggi that guy hasnt emailed me back in about 2 months. no way id ever do business with him. both excessive and iraggi have negitive feed back on this forum.........

you would really have to talk to matt at mechman, to know what i mean about their customer service.........

and i know i sound like a salesman, but im pretty stoked that i found a company like mechman for my charging system and batt needs.

I wouldnt even think twice about dealing with them again, Id just say 'yes'...I would get another alt from them in a heart-beat, fantastic customer service...they can custom-make alternator brackets for your ride to fit different alternator options in stock locations...dyno the amp before hand (The 225 amp in my stock location does over 150 amps at idle and over 240 max....came with a mounting plate on the back to fit in the stock location and was hassle-free...absolutely love it)

Also can include a grounding stud on it instead of the traditional grounding through the engine block...so you can just run the negative straight to the batt with a 0-gauge run..

I will be replacing my 250 amp alt in my AC position with a 250 amp or higher from Mechman when I have the chance...I will always go to them first after seeing what they can really do

haha Im actually trying to do a group buy through them over at f150online.com, They are fine with that so if yall want in lemme know I can add yall to the list. $449 is pretty high though , a 250 amp alternator for my 5.4 f150 is only 379.99 and thats just for 1. If we go through with the group buy, I bet we can knock off quite a bit off that.

I'm in for a group buy. Matt emailed me in regards to my '07 Ram. $449 for a 250 amp, when I requested only 220 amps. I have to send an alternator from my truck as this will be the first Hemi h.o. alternator. Nathan @ EA quoted me $400 for 200 amps.

I'll send Matt an email and inquire about a group buy?

pm me your vehicle information and ill add you to the list, I will update you if things go through.

Include

Make

Model

Year

Size Engine

Size alt desired

Im trying to turn a list in by friday to them, they will then update us with prices.

pm me your vehicle information and ill add you to the list, I will update you if things go through.
Include

Make

Model

Year

Size Engine

Size alt desired

Im trying to turn a list in by friday to them, they will then update us with prices.
This group buy idea sounds like a great plan, I'm INTERESTED. Let me know what they have for a 06 Nissan frontier XE. 4cyl, 2.4

They quoted me $449 for a honda civic alternator, I'm going to have to vote -1 for competitive pricing.
I think I might be able to answer some questions, and maybe explain why the pricing is higher in some situations-

Unlike our competitors, we don't just "overwind" a whimpy little stock honda civic alternator. If we did, we could sell it for $200 and send you on your way. There are two reasons why we don't do this: (1) It is virtually impossible to get any decent output out of an alternator that small and have it maintain good durability, and (2) any attempt to increase output on an alternaor that is already pretty efficient for it's size, actually REDUCES output at lower speeds. This is something that most alternator rebuilders do not tell you when they sell you a supposed "high output" alternator.

We actually custom machine our own LARGE case alternators so that they bolt into your stock brackets. Additionally, we include necessary wiring adapter plugs, and anything else needed to make it a quick and simple bolt-in swap. This is all very labor and matierial intensive, (not to mention the fitment R&D that goes into every kit we develop) but it is the ONLY way to get real-world streetable, reliable output, especially at low RPM. I'm sure you all have seen plenty of threads:

"High output alternator, 12.2V at idle??!!"

You won't have that problem with MechMan kit.

As far as the Full-size GM's and Ford vehicles that came with a Large case alt from the factory- we sell the 260 amp model (150 at idle) for $349 shipped, so we are still cheaper than most the other guys.

I'm not trying to spam-up this thread, I just wanted to clear up some mis-information.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.