Max dB's on my sub setup

Originally posted by violator5spd Oh, I know, but I just try to give him something to shoot for since he asked...a shitty install will draw shitty results, and in most cases a good install will give good results...
Yes thanks, and your answer was exactly what i needed to hear. i am only 15, but i feel i know a great deal of car audio for my age. i understand poor installations + poor results etc.

Building my own box is a must for me cuz i need the hands on experience so i can learn what works and what doesnt. I am going to build a few boxes for my friends b4 i build mine so i should have a good idea of what wil work by the time im ready to build mine.

Originally posted by Wonderbread for the person looking for the box tuning to get their highest dB... find your cehicles resonant frequency, (figure out where it plays the loudest, (using test tones and a sealed box) then use something like WinISD to get your box to peak at taht point... then build it there..

your car could peak at 48, but your box could be tuned to 35, peaking at 48...

read the graphs, its not super difficult.
Yes i know, this has been what i have been spending a mojority of my time on lately.

(using test tones and a sealed box) How do i go about doing this if i dont have a DB meter to tel wheres its the loudest at?

Originally posted by ridered36 Yes thanks, and your answer was exactly what i needed to hear. i am only 15, but i feel i know a great deal of car audio for my age. i understand poor installations + poor results etc.

Building my own box is a must for me cuz i need the hands on experience so i can learn what works and what doesnt. I am going to build a few boxes for my friends b4 i build mine so i should have a good idea of what wil work by the time im ready to build mine.
That's a great idea...if you happen to make a mistake on a box, might as well not be yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd do the same, but my grandma's really good with woodworking...make a bunch of stuff and goes to craft shows, so he said he'd be glad to help me out.

Originally posted by violator5spd That's a great idea...if you happen to make a mistake on a box, might as well not be yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd do the same, but my grandma's really good with woodworking...make a bunch of stuff and goes to craft shows, so he said he'd be glad to help me out.
Exactly....

My G-pa is the same way.

yeh..... but how do u test the re frequincy.... i got the frequencyies ( got them from jmac) but how can u tell which is loudest do u need a db meter or is it significant enough to tell by ear?

it should be relatively noticeable by ear...

you may not get it right to the specific frequency, but it should be close...

radio shack carries meters taht are good enuf to test htat sort of thing too..

but yes, by ear, you will be close enuough...

Originally posted by Wonderbread it should be relatively noticeable by ear...

you may not get it right to the specific frequency, but it should be close...

radio shack carries meters taht are good enuf to test htat sort of thing too..

but yes, by ear, you will be close enuough...
Off the top of your head, how much do those meters run? Like $50?

- Steve

hellllllls no. I have a handheld one that cost me like $7.50 I believe. it has a directional receiver that you point any direction you want. I got it for an 8th grade science project. (pushes up glasses)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.