Make me a suggestion...

Cam
10+ year member

Captain McNutbag
I have done, and will do more searching on the topic, but the laziest way right now is to just ask...

I'm used to a pair of IDQ10's running off a Lanzar Vibe. (yeah, ghetto).

I've GOT a sealed box, almost 2 cubic feet, and I'd like to run a pair of 12's in it, shared airspace. The amp I'll be using is a Hifonics XX Zeus.

I have been considering the IDQ12V2D4, because I had good luck with the IDQ10, but maybe there is something better. The things I LIKE about the IDQ is that it's a musical sub, works well in a small airspace, is cheap, and can tolerate a bit of abuse. I listen mostly to rock music, and cranked up with certain songs the 10's would shake the crap out of my car, but most of the time they laid pretty low, which is why I'm upgrading!

Any suggestions will be appreciated, I'm mainly looking for a place to start looking.

if you're looking for more output then get/make a ported box. it's cheaper than buying new subs. and if you like the ID, maybe try and IDmax

My enclosure is a custom installed fiberglass underfloor box that took me a couple months to build, and I love it... so ported isn't really an option. There is however room for 2 12"s in the baffle, which is why I've elected to go that route. The 10"s I have right now are also like 7 years old, and a bit beat up, so new subs are a given.

I've never heard of the rlp before. Maybe that's because I've been out of the loop. It sounds like it's a bit of an SPL sub though, and it's more expensive than the IDQ. - can anyone back the RLP as being worth the extra $?

The RLP is an SQL sub, if you were the type to classify things.

I have two of them....sitting in my floor. I need to build a box. Dangit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

SQL is about what I'm aiming for, cuz like I said, I like the IDQ's musicality (if that's a word). And I like the fact that if cardomain ever gets more of them, they're $119 shipped. I'm just wondering if the extra $110 per sub is worth it for the RLP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.