LS400 SQ/SPL build, RE, ArcAudio...lmk what i need...

Participant count
  • Participant list

moneyovabreezys
10+ year member

Sac
I have a 91 lexus ls400, i have a basic alpine deck from 09, a MX15 in a ported box and powered by an Arc Audio 2500cxl class ab, i have it bridged to a 4 ohm load giving it 1050rms, well its supposed to but i never got that 1050 because of my electrical system. Long story short, i was to eager to hook up my system before upgrading any kind of electrics in my car and i busted my alternator, i was powering it with my stock everything including an old ass alternator that looked effed up when i swapped it. its out of my car now im bout to put in back in soon. i put in a new 100 amp alty i know thats hella small but i was hoping doing a big 3 and this redtop optima sc34a i just got will do it. i think its around 800-900 amps. i have the stock mids in the car minus the 8 inch woofer on the back dashboard, its just a hole with the cover over it, i have a 2100cxl still in the box ive been thinkin on what i should do with it as far as components or maybe a good 8 inch woofer, it gives out 180 x 2 at 2ohms 380 x1 at 4 ohms i believe. class ab. i only have pics of it out the trunk cause i recently disconnected it all from my car.

any feedback on how i could make anything better would be nice, thanks.

l_6e28b053955a45c9b08eb437a3a5a0be.jpg

l_ab68f5d0e3074468a821dff88a9d4740.jpg

- Don't use the capacitor. It's just one more thing added to an already weak electrical system.

- Try to upgrade to AT LEAST a 130 amp alternator

- Look at the Image Dynamics CTX65cs components

- Apply sound deadener to your doors and trunk

- Perform the big three upgrade

- Install the Optima in your trunk as a second batt

- Think about "downgrading" to a pair of subs that require less power. That'll allow you to retain decent output, and you'll no longer have to underpower the MX.

yeah i plan on takin out the cap and replacing it with the batt. im not sure bout downgrading subs though if anything ive been trying to find another mx15 for the low so i can have two hooked up to two zapco ref 750. but i been thinkin bout some id comps too, thanks man.

- Don't use the capacitor. It's just one more thing added to an already weak electrical system.- Try to upgrade to AT LEAST a 130 amp alternator

- Look at the Image Dynamics CTX65cs components

- Apply sound deadener to your doors and trunk

- Perform the big three upgrade

- Install the Optima in your trunk as a second batt

- Think about "downgrading" to a pair of subs that require less power. That'll allow you to retain decent output, and you'll no longer have to underpower the MX.
Dman! might as well just throw it all in the trash!

huh? throw it all in the trash? ive invested more than 1500 on this thing, with lexus you have to be loud or you wont here ****. but i dont wanna change anything right now till i get another mx15 then imma put two zapco 750 to work, just upgrades, i havent done much with this i only had it my car for a month and a half, installed everything myself with only one fire hazard spot. lmao. i couldnt find a hole from under the hood to inside the car so it goes in this crack in the corner where my winshield ends, fits in there good but my door closes on it. ive yet to get more wiring for my big 3 but im boutta pout everythijng back in today with the optima battery, hopefully thatll keep my alty safe till i do the big 3.

i just installed everything back in today minus the cap but now includin that redtop which i know is really useless in the long run and prolly more useless the way i have it wired, but sometimes next week im going to this battery shop out herethatcarries those c&d batteries im hopin itll do a lot better, still havent done the big 3 yet, but anyways after i put eveyrthing back in today it doesnt sound as loud as it was before imo, before my shiit slaaappppeed, now it slaps but not how i think it used too. and i didnt even run it for more than 45 mins total but sometimes my beat would stop then ill change the song and itll come back on, and some songs where i know the beat hits hard it doesnt have any bass, lol. im pretty sure i wired my battery wrong i wired it like i had my cap wired its just sitting right beside the box in my trunk. but ****, anybody got any suggestions thatll be nice, i wanna use my 2100clx pretty bad. and i have a regular interstate battery under my hood will i need an isolator for my aux batt?

alright i got rid of my redtop optima battery and picked up a sprinter s12v285f, anybody knows if theyre any good or not? im about to rewire everything again for the last time hopefully, and after this i just need to do big 3.

do you guys think the c&d tech batteries are better than these? im not sure the model number on it but it was somethin with a 300m on it, if so i can swap this batt with that one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.