louder bass /FUTURE BUILD

lilboom
10+ year member

Car stereo for fun
ca
i have 2 kicker cvr 15(500 rms each) in a pre fabbed ported box (in a trunk

i was told that 1 12 sub with 2000 rms will not be louder

so should i get two?

and i dont want the to get too much deeper just louder a little deeper would not hurt but the level its at now is ok

subs i had in mind was the new orion hcca 12s my 15 box is bearly fitting so i dont know if the 15 orions will fit i doubt it

also im am plannig to do a build off bordem.

so i had 1 kicker comp 12(150 rms) and it sounded ok no complaints for a single 12 at that level in a trunk

any how i was looking at some cheap subs i am thinking 6 12s or 6-8 tens

i came across some boss audio chaos 12inh subs 250(rms each)

now would one of these subs sound like the 1 kicker comp i dont want to get no cheap total garbage junk i just want them to give a nice bass level and be cheap

any how 6 of some boss audio 12s @ 250 rms that will put the system at 1500 watts rms would that be loud and perform somewhat like the 2 cvr 15s or bettter

...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

You can break window with them subwoofer lol, hell no don't get them they pos and your kicker are better!
break window? are you serious? find a bridge quick...

just do 1 15 in a nice ported box and you should be more than happy...

what are you guys talkin about...

1 15 what( of the orion is what i was tryna do but i dont think it would fit my trunk is only 16?? inches tall

break window? are you serious? find a bridge quick...
just do 1 15 in a nice ported box and you should be more than happy...
im trying to be sounding like 4 kicker cvr 15s at least(2000rms)

1 orion 12=2000rms (im thinking 2 orion 12s to be safe..)ill be mad if that 1 12 souds worst then my 2 15s

1 sub .2 subs

2000rms..vs..1000rms

1 orion hcca 12...a 15 if it would fit=2000 rms

fitted to about the same size box that my 2 cvr 15s are in(ported of course)

If you want to sound like 4 15" CVR's then that's what you need to buy.

Otherwise "assuming" you have the electrical to power a serious amp then 2 12's could do quite well out of the trunk. AQ, DD, FI, DC and several others all come to mind. Give them 2k+ per sub and you'll be wangin...

cant fit 4 15s the box/.boxes would be small....i just got rid of a small box and with the bigger box i have now it sounds a whole lot better

and (AQ, DD, FI, DC )i dont know the prefixes

anyhow the 2 12s(2000 rms each) should slam

or would 1 do the job to slam way harder then the two i have

cant fit 4 15s the box/.boxes would be small....i just got rid of a small box and with the bigger box i have now it sounds a whole lot better
and (AQ, DD, FI, DC )i dont know the prefixes

anyhow the 2 12s(2000 rms each) should slam

or would 1 do the job to slam way harder then the two i have
AQ= AudioQue (I have these joints myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

DD= Digital Designs

Fi = well...its called fi. (ficaraudio.com)

DC= DC sound lab

Now all of thesed brands arent 'mainstream', but their highly respected, abused, and used for enthusiasts and people who compete. Now what is your electric, what batteries you have, any upgrades, and what size alternator, and what amp do you have. The better detail you have to provide to better we can help.

Just go with 1 15 that can handle 2000 wrms. If you can fit 2 15s why wouldn't you be able to fit one? Research different 15s and based on your trunk dimensions, find one that performs well in an enclosure (not prefab)(build or have one built to optimize sub performance) that will fit in your trunk.

What type car do you have? Amp? Electrical upgrades?

1991 buick regal 4dr

quantum 4000d mono amp

power acustic eq(suposed to boost volts going to amp from deck

stock batt(may do 2 optima's)1 upfront 1 in the rear

stock alt

4 guage power and ground

1991 buick regal 4drquantum 4000d mono amp

power acustic eq(suposed to boost volts going to amp from deck

stock batt(may do 2 optima's)1 upfront 1 in the rear

stock alt

4 guage power and ground
how man rms is the Quantum, I couldnt find a spec sheet.Also lose the 4 gauge, which is way to small if your going 1200+ rms. Your choking your current flow. And from what I heard equalizers arent their to boost to voltage, but for clearity to your speakers. You need better/ bigger batteries and/ or High output alternator to boost voltage. But here are my cliffs

- Loose the 4g wire, upgrade to all 0 guage wiring

- I agree lose the stock battery, if not optima, try Kinetik, XS, Deka, etc. But make sure its a sealed battery.

- I cant say nothing about the alt, because you dont give me a amp output

- As far the equalizer, keep it if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.